Ensoniq Mirage
Hello - Does anyone know if Supercard Pro can read/write disks for the Ensoniq Mirage Sampler in its usual OS 3.2 ( and MASOS mode ) ?
And disk images like MDISK etc. ?
Thank you .
If this is like the Roland disks, it's standard 720K PC format. I will look up info on this format.
(05-07-2014, 07:33 AM)admin Wrote: If this is like the Roland disks, it's standard 720K PC format. I will look up info on this format.

Thank you for your interest .
The original disk drives on Mirages were single sided , double density . Those old drives can now be exchanged with a double sided drive modification , but the Mirage will still only load one side of the disk at a time . That should make Ensoniq disks 360kb . The company immediately moved away from this system , with their next keyboards .
I don't know anything about Roland (or any other sampler systems) , but I expect they might be different . I've asked about the Mirage because it's generally odd .
Thanks again .
I see that these disks are just single sided versions of the 720K PC drive - the same type of setup as the Atari ST SS/DD drive. They are just PC formatted disks. You could probably read/write them in a normal PC drive. SuperCard Pro can image these just fine. Just select Atari ST.

You can get disks and drives for the sampler via eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ensoniq-Mirage-O...4ad4612de1
Yes - the most popular disk manager for the Mirage is 'Mirage ed.' which makes use of the internal PC floppy drive ( if you have one ) . I'm glad it's so simple . Thank you .