Run-time error 713
Just received my SuperCard Pro. Installed SCP as Admin. Run as Admin. After launching, it finds the SuperCard Pro then notifies that a newer version is available. I click yes and it goes into a endless loop and saying their is a new version available. If I click no, i then get the following:

Run-time error 713:
Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine.
MSSTDFMT.DLL

I'm running Windows Vista SP2.

Any help?
Ok. I fixed the .dll file issue. Now when I start SCP (as admin) it just loops with a new version has been found (1.06). Clicking yes will simply loop back to a new version has been found.

Any ideas?

MC

(04-02-2014, 12:42 PM)mcostanza Wrote: Just received my SuperCard Pro. Installed SCP as Admin. Run as Admin. After launching, it finds the SuperCard Pro then notifies that a newer version is available. I click yes and it goes into a endless loop and saying their is a new version available. If I click no, i then get the following:

Run-time error 713:
Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine.
MSSTDFMT.DLL

I'm running Windows Vista SP2.

Any help?
Sounds like you are not running the SCP software in administrator mode. Right-click on the icon and select "Properties". Make sure the SCP program is set to "Run as Administrator'. I have not tried the auto update under Vista myself. I will look into that just in case its a Windows specific problem.
I had no issues installing the full installer under Vista and then allowing the auto-update process. I am always logged in under Administrator though,
For those having problems with run-time error 713, please make sure that you install the software while in Administrator mode. If you get the same error message, trying registering the DLL:

Click on Start Menu, select Run and type 'cmd' (without the quote marks) to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt, type: regsvr32 "C:\Windows\msstdfmt.dll”

This will register the DLL with your machine.
I've done this and all I get when I try to get my 5.25" flippy modded drive as source is Source "Flux Image File" and Destination as "Flux Image File"

What the he$$ gives guys??????????????????????????????

Curt
==================================
The Problem with Being Brutally Honest ...
It Often Leads to More Brutality Than Honesty  Big Grin 
When you start the SCP software does it pop up the SuperCard Pro logo and say "SuperCard Pro Board Not Found!"?  If so, then there is a USB issue of some kind and the board is not being discovered.  If that message does not appear, then the board is being found but there is a problem accessing the drive.  This can be from having no power to the drive, using a cable that is reversed (typically this damages the SCP board), having a bad cable, or having two drives with the same ID.
OK,

Got the kinks partially worked out. Finally did the copy of the proper .dll into the SysWOW64 directory, registered it with the regsvr32 thing, and finally the drive comes up in the copier.

Tried a working Pocket Writer 2 Disk to see if I could make a copy ... but no go. Disk doesn't boot.

What should I do here?

Curt
The Problem with Being Brutally Honest ...
It Often Leads to More Brutality Than Honesty  Big Grin 
Please see this thread:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=86