Wimodem232 Pro, trying to get it to work
I just got it. With just power, it's just black screen. I tried three cables.  When I connect to a PC USB port I do see the LED closest to the power connector blink a few times.  The little screen never shows anything.   With RS232 connected (this is 2GS with a Mac RS232 cable) I see blinking on the first and fourth LED closest to the RS232 connector blink, but still the little screen neer shows anything.  I tried setting to 300 baud and I'm trying to talk to it, but I get no response (though possibly user confusion.)
I'm concerned that the screen never shows anything though.  I don't see anything like a power switch on here.
Yes, the screen should be showing data. I have to program each one of these by hand and I use the screen to see what is going on. You might want to press and release the button a few times to make sure it is not stuck (debris or something jammed in the case?) With that button down you won't get anything other than the LEDs on the side.

You should also see the main LED at the top turn WHITE on power up. If you don't see this, then the button is really stuck!
OK, so I think I figured out the issue. This is my fault. The last 6 that were shipped were not modified to work with cheap Chinese USB cables. Cheap cables do not have a shield ground. A good USB cable does. I have to add a wire inside of the WiModem232 Pro to work around this.

So, either you can locate a good USB cable, you can return your WiModem232 Pro for a revised version, or I can send you a good USB cable. If you decide to return it, I will pay for the shipping costs of course.

Please let me know what you would like to do!

Sorry for this inconvenience!
Thanks.