My Results of copying Amiga Disks so far
I tried using the Super Card Pro to copy some of my Amiga originals and here is what I found:

- Moonstone - copied perfectly
- Project X - copied perfectly

- Guy Spy - did not copy (multiple attempts and nothing)
- Mortal Kombat II - did not copy (multiple attempts and nothing)

Of course, Guy Spy and Mortal Kombat II were some of the toughest protections I remembered for the Amiga but ... No success yet! Hopefully with a later revision of the software... Just wanted to share my results...
Just curious, but what kind of drive are you using? And when you say "did not copy" do you mean it appeared to copy ok, but the resulting copy didn't work in the Amiga?

MK2 is copylock if I recall. There was probably close to 100 games that used this protection. I don't imagine this one should be an issue for SCP?
I've never seen Guy Spy, but a quick google shows it to be one of those ReadySoft games, so it's likely similar to Dragon's Lair, with long tracks. Might want to try a high density disk for this one and see if it makes any difference.

I know some people say don't use HD disks in the Amiga, but my experience with them has been pretty positive. As long as it's going to be a read-only disk that you don't expect the Amiga's double-density drive to write to, it usually works fine. If it's a read-write disk, then stick with DD.
Dragon's Lair and a few others I have seen do not work with Blind mode because they were not written on the index. So, these games will need to be copied with blind mode turned off. You are welcome to send the .scp image files of these games and I can look at them. Make the images with blind mode turned off, zip them and send them to data@cbmstuff.com. I set aside a gig of space for email attachments.

You can use high density disks with the Amiga, and I highly recommend them for backups.
(12-23-2013, 09:42 PM)LordCrass Wrote: Just curious, but what kind of drive are you using? And when you say "did not copy" do you mean it appeared to copy ok, but the resulting copy didn't work in the Amiga?

MK2 is copylock if I recall. There was probably close to 100 games that used this protection. I don't imagine this one should be an issue for SCP?
I've never seen Guy Spy, but a quick google shows it to be one of those ReadySoft games, so it's likely similar to Dragon's Lair, with long tracks. Might want to try a high density disk for this one and see if it makes any difference.

I know some people say don't use HD disks in the Amiga, but my experience with them has been pretty positive. As long as it's going to be a read-only disk that you don't expect the Amiga's double-density drive to write to, it usually works fine. If it's a read-write disk, then stick with DD.

The drive I used was a Samsung SFD-321B... and did not copy meant, yes, it appeared to copy fine but when copying to a disk and tried in the amiga, the copy did not work. I used new high density (HD) disks (tried a few). I remembered that Jim recommended high density disks for the amiga even back in the Sybil days...

And the protection of MK2 I believe is PDOS which if I recall seems like the big brother of copylock. Smile

(12-23-2013, 10:28 PM)admin Wrote: Dragon's Lair and a few others I have seen do not work with Blind mode because they were not written on the index. So, these games will need to be copied with blind mode turned off. You are welcome to send the .scp image files of these games and I can look at them. Make the images with blind mode turned off, zip them and send them to data@cbmstuff.com. I set aside a gig of space for email attachments.

You can use high density disks with the Amiga, and I highly recommend them for backups.

Ok, thanks, I will image them both and send them to you... I know it is still early in the software releases for SCP (overall, I am extremely pleased so far with its capabilities) but I will keep trying my games and letting you know the results.
Right now, the non-blind (blind mode off) for 3.5" disks does not work properly. I am working on it. Once it works properly, then we will be able to duplicate everything without any issues.
(12-23-2013, 10:28 PM)admin Wrote: You are welcome to send the .scp image files of these games and I can look at them. Make the images with blind mode turned off, zip them and send them to data@cbmstuff.com. I set aside a gig of space for email attachments.

I am having problems making .scp image files with blind mode turned off for the Amiga as you requested. I tried the 2 games I mentioned (Guy Spy and Mortal Kombat II) and the SCP software froze on me around track 65... every time... I then tried other games I had been able to copy to disk and also SCP froze on me every time I tried to save them to a .scp file with blind mode off... Maybe this is a bug or a work in progress?

So, I am unable to send you the .scp files of those 2 games with blind mode 'off' as you requested... with blind mode 'on' it seems to work to make the .scp file but I am not sure if doing that way would be even useful to you... Let me know.
(12-24-2013, 09:58 AM)admin Wrote: Right now, the non-blind (blind mode off) for 3.5" disks does not work properly. I am working on it. Once it works properly, then we will be able to duplicate everything without any issues.

Ok, yes, I found that I can't create a .SCP file with blind mode off for 3.5 amiga disks... I tried as you requested to send you some images of the 2 disks (MK II and Guy Spy) and I could not get it to work (the SCP program froze on me every time) Sad

I will try again once the issue creating .scp files with blind mode off for 3.5 disks is fixed... Thanks!
I found and corrected a problem when the INDEX SENSOR/READ/IGNORE is set. It requires a firmware upgrade. You can download the latest flashing program (v0.5) from our website.

https://www.cbmstuff.com/downloads.htm

Instructions for flashing are located here:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=34

However - your problem should NOT occur unless you had the INDEX SENSOR/READ/IGNORE set, which is not the default.

I had no issues imaging Shadow of the Beast III in non-blind mode with INDEX SENSOR/READ/REQUIRED (what you should be using). You might want to try using the SET TO DEFAULTS option and do the imaging again. The firmware upgrade won't make any difference unless you had the INDEX SENSOR/READ/IGNORE setting checked.
OK, scratch that... sometimes I see the exact same thing you have reported... so I will look into it.

Edit: Seems to be a USB issue. I increased the buffer timeout and now I never see the issue. I will release a new beta after I test this some more.

Edit #2: I found the real problem, which has to do with the sign of the buffer length. I may just reduce the number of revs to 2 for a non-blind copy and deal with that later for the "preservation mode".
The new beta (.93) will let you create images now with blind mode turned off. I just changed the number of revolutions to 2 (from 3) to keep the file size <32MB which is the reason for the issue. I will look into why that is happening after Christmas.

There is a problem of loading some image files in the analyzer still and that has to do with checksum values > 32MB.