Won't Update to v1.91
My software keeps prompting me to update to v1.91 (from v1.90), which I click okay and it tells me it successfully updated. Then the next time I run it, same thing. Shows v1.90 and asks me to update it. I'm running Windows 10 and it's working fine with version 1.90.

Any workarounds for this? How do I install the v1.91 (and do I need to)?

Many thanks,
Bruce
Make sure you are running the SCP software in Administrator mode. The SCP.exe file is stored in the Program Files(x86) directory, and that requires Admin permissions in order to change data.
(01-25-2016, 09:58 AM)admin Wrote: Make sure you are running the SCP software in Administrator mode.  The SCP.exe file is stored in the Program Files(x86) directory, and that requires Admin permissions in order to change data.

Yep, I've been running it in the Administrator mode.
Your SCP icon should have an Administrator shield imbedded in it if it is set to run as Administrator. Do you see that shield? If not, right click on the SCP icon and select PROPERTIES. Now, click on the ADVANCED button and then click on the check box for RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. Select OK, then select Apply and then OK to save the settings.
(01-26-2016, 01:14 PM)admin Wrote: Your SCP icon should have an Administrator shield imbedded in it if it is set to run as Administrator.  Do you see that shield?  If not, right click on the SCP icon and select PROPERTIES.   Now, click on the ADVANCED button and then click on the check box for RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.  Select OK, then select Apply and then OK to save the settings.

Yep, the shield is on there, and I've been running it every time as Administrator, but it still prompts me to update to v1.91, and if I click yes, it goes through the routine then says it's updated successfully, then prompts me again to update to v1.91.   I think the next step is to uninstall completely, and try again.  Is version 1.91 available for download or do I need to update within the software?
No, v1.91 is not in the release archive. I will make a new one. Nobody else has reported this problem, so it could be something has changed in your system (anti-virus). I tried numerous times on different machines (XP, 8.1, and 10) and I could not make it fail.
Hi !

If Have EXACTLY the same probleme of Bruce.
On windows 10 - 64b
Work Together is the better idea to make the futur
I am running Windows 10, x64 here and can't duplicate the problem.
re Smile
Yes, Don't stra,ge for me because... windows 10 IS the probleme -_-'
I solved this problem with uninstall SCP (check all it's remove)
and re-install it.

For me, it was the solution.
All work now Smile
But... with windows 10... all it's possible...we will see on the next windows 10 update.
LOL
Work Together is the better idea to make the futur
So after uninstalling the SCP software, re-installing it then lets the auto-update work correctly?