Garbled text on connect to RPi telnetd server
(05-13-2023, 06:31 PM)admin Wrote: If you can send/receive commands (like AT&F) then the WiModem232 itself is working.  You could always try connecting to a BBS with a terminal program to confirm the over-air part is working.

I have zero experience using a Rapberry Pi, so I have no idea how any of that is suppose to work.  I am not sure what you are using the Pi for.  You should be connecting the WiModem232 to a router.

Since this all use to work, did you upgrade anything in your system(s) recently - knowingly, or unknowingly?

Thanks for the speedy reply! I think I figured it out. I'm using my RPi as a local telnet server. At first I thought I had damaged my device since I hadn't changed anything in settings, only unplugged and plugged it back in.  Turns out that in order to connect to the telenet server on my Raspberry Pi the AT*T1 command needed to be issued. Perhaps the init string in the terminal software I was using disabled or changed this setting.  All's good in the hood now!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Garbled text on connect to RPi telnetd server - by lee317 - 05-13-2023, 09:19 PM