Automatic connection to WiFi-network very infrequent
Hello

I've had my WiModem232 for about two years now and I've had this problem for the whole time. The thing is, the modem very often doesn't want to connect to the WiFi automatically, it just says 'no router located' on the display. Sometimes it works, sometimes it needs a few power off/on to work and sometimes it just doesn't connect no matter how many times I power cycle it.

Then I make the connection manually and it also doesn't go like one would think:

-- LOG START
at*n
Scanning available networks...

Networks available:2
0 - AahOohGA (-46 dBm), WPA2
1 - 4G-Gateway-AE9704 (-88 dBm), WPA2

at*ssid AahOohGA,passwordhere
Looking for router...

No router located!

Looking for router...

No router located!

Looking for router...

No router located!

at*ns0,passwordhere
Looking for router...

Connected to AahOohGA
-- LOG END

It seems to have a problem connecting to the network by it's name and most likely that's the way it tries to connect when it's powered on. When commanded at*ssid, it responds correctly (AahOohGA) no matter has it connected or not, so it obviously knows what to look for.

And finally I want to emphasize that over the time I have had three (maybe even 4) different WiFi routers, the distance to the router(s) has been from 1 meter to 6 meters, and as you can see there aren't a lot of WiFi networks here to mess up the frequencies. I also haven't had any problems connecting my other devices to my networks.

So, how does all this sound?

Messages In This Thread
Automatic connection to WiFi-network very infrequent - by HHymer - 04-02-2023, 11:48 AM