My experience trying to copy ALIEN BREED originals
Hi ! I'm new to the forum, this is my first post. Just put my hands on one of these marvelous SuperCard pro cards and started to do damages Smile

My current configuration is:
- SCP (of course) 0.7 firmware 1.1 HW
- SCP Software 1.0
- SFD321-B REV T5 (but I tried also an ALPS DF354H911C. Both of the drives do have the "low density" switch

I attempted to obtain a backup copy of my original beloved Alien Breed diskset (first release the one with two game floppies and the story disk). No way. Tried blind mode and no-blind mode, tried copy to image (.scp) and then image to disk and also from original disk to target disk. The copy seems to work in a real AMIGA, Disk 1 is loaded and then AMIGA asks for disk 2 but then, when loading disk 2, any kind of strange things happen.. strange noises instead of the music, black background instead of the battlefield.. and then the "Guru" comes to visit me. On the contrary i tried to use the .IPF files provided by Team 17, translated to .SCP using HxC software, copied to real disks using SuperCard Pro, this way everything works perfectly ! It seems the firmware part that reads has still some flaws or I'm making something wrong trying to copy the disks... Of course the originals are working beautifully good when I try them into the AMIGA..

Any suggestion? What am I doing wrong?

Note: did not change any of the Settings in "Drive Settings" menĂ¹ - Disk Type set to "Amiga" - used 0 to 82 tracks both when reading and when writing.

Messages In This Thread
My experience trying to copy ALIEN BREED originals - by hawui1 - 02-04-2014, 01:24 PM