Can you connect to the WiModem232 from a Mac?
Hi Folks,

Just bought a WiModem232 for my Amiga 1000, and have Term ready to connect to BBS's via Telnet - easy.  

Does anyone know if I can connect to the WiMODEM232 from a Mac, which would enable me to send files from my Mac to the Amiga (running Term which understands X,Y,Z MODEM and KERMIT).

I have an app called 'Serial' on my Mac, which will let me connect via a USB-Serial cable to the Amiga, but it does not appear to have a function to connect via TCP (which is an unusual request).  I might be able to use 'lrzsz' if I install it manually, but a pretty window would be preferable  Cool

Alternatively, I could connect to a Raspberry Pi if that has any options anyone knows of?  Minicom maybe?  I could download Aminet files to the pi, and then have Minicom on the pi make the files available to the Amiga running Term maybe?

The advantage is that I can avoid taking removing and inserting the SD Card and wearing the host socket out.  Sure transfers will be slow....comes with the territory Smile

Any help appreciated, thank you for reading my post! Idea

Messages In This Thread
Can you connect to the WiModem232 from a Mac? - by Craziazkowboi - 10-19-2022, 02:37 AM