Using a Digital DECwriter II and I have questions
No, it printed on the decwriter alright, my wimodem232 does not have the OLED option.  Also, it had to be echoing back the characters to the decwriter as I typed on it because it was in LINE mode and not LOCAL.  Without the wimodem232 connected, my typing is not printed so it is definitely not a null modem cable. Smile

I tested the wimodem232 on my IBM 5150 by plugging it into the AST SixPackPlus card directly, and using Qmodem (what else!) I got the same messages on the screen.  However, when I typed ATI it did the correct display of the status, and AT*N gave me a list of available wi-fi access points.  

As soon as I get my breakout kit from Amazon I'll place it between the decwriter and wimodem232 and see what is really happening.  Maybe this weekend I can also get the decwriter over near the 5150 and then use a real null modem cable and see what it does.  

No biggie, just though I would report what I've seen so far.  This is what fascinated me and got me writing software!

Love this guy and ordered one with the OLED yesterday too.  Looking forward to printing the cased for these when I get my 3D printer setup.

Cheers!

John

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a Digital DECwriter II and I have questions - by Qmodem - 01-27-2022, 05:07 PM