Updated Case for Multi-Expansion Board
(04-08-2021, 12:22 PM)admin Wrote: A resistor will limit the current, not the voltage. So, a resistor will have a limited affect on the speed.  Using a resistor will work up to a point where the fan won't turn on, but will have a minimal affect on the speed difference and that will vary from fan to fan.  Start with a small value, like 100 ohms.  That would reduce the max current to 50mA.

Hmm..maybe it would make more sense to tap into one of the 3.3V supply pins on one of the GPIOs then instead. I could probably just do that instead of plugging into the designated 5V socket (assuming it IS 5V, I haven't measured yet) on the expansion board that it's normally plugged into.

What is the part designation of the connector that the fan uses to connect to the expansion board, if you don't mind?
If I can get one of those, I can just plug the fan into that and route it to one of those 3.3s and not have to cut into anything or make any permanent mods.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Case for Multi-Expansion Board - by Parardroyd - 04-09-2021, 01:43 AM