New user with C64 problems
Hey guys my main reason for getting a supercard pro was to archive a few thousand Amiga disks from both 5.25 and 3.5" disks, this had been going quite well even though most of the disks are degraded. I'm getting about a 50% success rate after cleaning, pulling disks apart putting them in better covers etc blah Smile the usual suffering, sometimes It's taking me an hour to construct a working disk but I am getting it done.  That's using the .adf mode on the SCP software. SCP images itself I've had no luck with at all, never been able to get anything readable. After having destroyed all three of my Teac drives this last week trying to archive the 5.25s. I moved onto my 3.5s and there again I'm going ok at 50%. No problems, still can't do scp images that are worth anything, it just reads too fast too get any kind of working image I think. 

But now to my question. Today I bought a 360k (DS-60A) drive so I could start on my C64 disks and this is just going terribly badly.. I can't get it to read anything, everything sounds sweet the drive is ticking away nicely (it's a working drive no problems about that). I had the idea of just reading all my disks to .g64 and perhaps writing some .d64s back to disks using the card but it seems like the second part of my plan at least isn't possible? If it's not really the ideal card for the C64 stuff will someone just save me the torment and I'll get something else for this job, For the Amiga in .adf mode it goes pretty good indeed but every time I'm reading a c64 disk I'm getting images that can't be read in VICE at all, I've tried the settings other have reported here and no changes yet.

Messages In This Thread
New user with C64 problems - by elfoam - 02-12-2018, 08:25 AM
RE: New user with C64 problems - by admin - 02-12-2018, 10:07 AM
RE: New user with C64 problems - by elfoam - 02-12-2018, 12:31 PM
RE: New user with C64 problems - by admin - 02-12-2018, 11:24 PM
RE: New user with C64 problems - by elfoam - 03-19-2018, 11:35 AM
RE: New user with C64 problems - by admin - 03-19-2018, 11:59 AM