Weird directory behaviour 3.5 inch SPLICE mode
Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yesterday I tried to image my PCDOS 7.0 Floppies which are 1.44mb 3.5 inch disk copies made using the good old DOS methods many years ago and are known to be in good condition because I just used them 8-)

Anyhow.

I though I should Archive them so before I started on Disks 1 and 2 I looked at the Directories and they show ~ 1.36MB used. Fair enough.

I used SCP in SPLICE mode set to IBM MFM 1.44MB 3.5 inch 2 revolutions and got 2 ~ 30MB files full of successful flux recording.

I then wrote them to 2 known good blank disks to check the results.

The written disks show all the files in the directory but the directories show ZERO space used and 1.44 MB available. (using windows and explorer to look at it vi an external USB floppy on another system. Same one I used to look at the originals that shows ~1.36 MB used)

Now I'm primarily a commodore man and and in the GCR world I'd say the BAM needs Validating, but I know thats nonsense to an IBM MFM disk.

Anyone, know why the SCP written copies don't have properly validated directories?

Thanks.

Regards........GeoKM
oooOOOooo Confused
Regards...GeoKM
ooooOOOOoooo

Messages In This Thread
Weird directory behaviour 3.5 inch SPLICE mode - by GeoKM - 04-26-2017, 06:36 PM