New user, possible broken SuperCard Pro?
(04-20-2017, 03:46 PM)shades_aus Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 01:33 PM)admin Wrote: Hmm.. the interface chips should never get hot.  Like I said, that is only possible with a bus problem.

ALL 3.5" drives should be able to be powered via a standard USB port.  I wonder if that particular drive has a problem with excessive current draw?  Model brand/model drive is that?

While it is certainly possible with the SCP hardware to access a floppy drive via Windows, I have zero experience with Windows device drivers.  So, I won't be able to do it.  If someone has experience in this area, I can supply everything necessary to read/decode and encode/write data.

There are many devices already (using just a simple interface and PC sound card) for archiving tapes.

Quote:I'll get some pictures of the drive up for you. It was a Sony 3 1/2" drive, I know that much.

I wish I knew how to code, my best efforts were BASIC on C64 i'm afraid.
Maybe a bounty in the forum section? I'd be willing to donate for sure however, yeah, I won't be able to help code.
Would love to see it happen though.

I'll have to re-investigate the tape stuff, thanks again for your time Jim.

I, too, would contribute to an author who could write a Windows driver so we could use attached floppies as if they were standard Windows floppies.

Tom L

Messages In This Thread
RE: New user, possible broken SuperCard Pro? - by toml_12953 - 04-24-2017, 07:39 AM