Another thread about dumping diskette problems - SOLVED
Hello.

I wouldn't create a thread if I weren't completely stumped...

I recently purchased the Supercard Pro from you, as well as a 5.25" floppy drive (Panasonic JU-475-4) from another source.

Managed to get the software up and running after a few hick-ups (threads on this forum helped me work out my DLL/admin problems).

Got the drive connected (being careful to make sure the ribbon cable was oriented correctly of course).  Made sure all the jumpers were set correctly on my drive as per (again) documentation found in this forum.

Started of course with the disk I wanted to copy the most (my original SuperKit).  But wasn't successful.  So, I decided to step back a bit and try copying an unprotected disk (first one that I created myself on my 64), then a disk that I had from another owner (unprotected) but reads fine on my drive.

The resultant duplicates I've made don't quite load.  The drive struggles with the copy then quits.  I can get a directory off the duplicated diskette.

Here are the settings that I used... as well as the SCP and G64 images that I created for each of the two tests.  

Wondering if someone (admin maybe?) could have a look at it, and see what I'm doing wrong...

Also, the drive is dust and debris free, and the heads are clean.

Thanks so much.

Thomas
Code:
The files created can be downloaded from here: http://www.isepix.com/00.scp-files/

Test #1 - Diskette formatted on my 64, with Jumpman files copied to it
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I tested this source diskette on my 64, and the files loaded fine from the disk.
The copy does not function.  Directory can be loaded from the copy, but partway into loading
the game, it quits on a disk error.

Drive type - (5.25" - 96tpi)
Weakbits - (Fixed)
Density (Read - Low), (Write - Low)
Index Sensor - (Read - required), (Write - Required)
Backside Control - (None)

Source - (SuperCard Pro (Drive 0)
Target - Flux image / g64 (did both options in my tests)

Checked options (Preservation)

Start Track 1
End Track 38

Disk Types (C64/128)

Copy Mode - (Index)

Filename : test01.scp, test01.g64

Test #2 - Diskette formatted on my 64, with Jumpman files copied to it
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Same settings as test01, except using another diskette that I did not create, but loads
normally on my 64.
The copy does not function. Directory can be loaded from the copy, but partway into loading
the game, it quits on a disk error.  The first program on this disk can be loaded.

Filename : test02.scp, test02.g64

Messages In This Thread
Another thread about dumping diskette problems - SOLVED - by COREi64 - 12-30-2015, 10:32 AM