Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks
(02-10-2016, 09:23 AM)admin Wrote: There really is no "MODE".  The "DiskType" just presets the number of tracks and that's it.  The data is imaged the exact same way for every type of disk, 3", 3.5", 5.25, or 8".  As long as you are using SPLICE mode with 2 or more revs, and you are always cleaning the drive heads (I typically do it just about every new disk read, especially for 5.25" disks), then you are pretty much guaranteed that you are going to have the flux data that you need to re-create a working disk.

The HxC floppy drive emulator handles just about every disk format known for conversions for emulators.

Then I will just do all 80 tracks, regardless of disk type and let other software work out the "format."

That means my only other consideration is knowing if an unmarked 5.25" disk is double-sided, or a flippy. For the most part, the presence of a notch would suggest a flippy disk. I figure I would do double sided imaging on all single notched disks and single sided on each side of a double notched disk, flipping it accordingly and using the SPLICE setting.

Messages In This Thread
Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks - by GeoKM - 11-26-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: Simple Flux Archive of all my Disks - by Relayer - 02-10-2016, 11:13 AM