A few questions from a new user...
Question 
Hello, I am a computer historian and collector who is currently collecting old DOS software for the IBM PC, and was looking at your product since I would like to be able to read and duplicate disks for old machines under more modern platforms.

Before I purchase it, though, I have a few questions to ask:
1. Does this product work as a disk controller? As in, when you set it up, will you actually be able to access old IBM PC-formatted disks live from the Windows Explorer like you can with a USB floppy disk drive?

The reason for why this is an absolute requirement for me is that my goals are not only towards preserving media but also for emulation purposes, and to recreate the effect of actually using an old computer, I would much prefer to actually be able to set up old floppy disk drives with a newer PC and set up the emulator to access the disks from there, yet your site doesn't seem to be all that clear as to whether this thing works like an actual floppy disk controller or not, so I thought that I would ask it here first.

2. If it DOES infact work as a disk controller, does it work this way under Windows, and if so, would it work under a modern operating system such as Windows 8.1? This is yet another requirement for me, since newer versions of Windows are what I happen to be running on my machines.

I hope to hear from you all soon, thanks.

Messages In This Thread
A few questions from a new user... - by SystemDISK - 05-29-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: A few questions from a new user... - by admin - 05-29-2015, 08:48 PM
RE: A few questions from a new user... - by admin - 06-01-2015, 02:37 PM