Suddenly getting bad disks out
I'm having problems getting good DOS disks out of the board. I have no idea why.

I imaged my master disks of prince of Persia to SCP files. Then I took disks I scanned with scan disk on the DOS machine and verified they were OK, loaded them with the SCP file, and started having problems.

At first I could get a directory listing for the disks just fine. Then I ran SETUP and the game started installing. Both disks went through install OK. I went to run the game from my hard drive and it was complaining about files being invalid (like a setup config file being dead or even the exe failing to run). So I figured I must have had a bad disk or something. I've gone through about 8 disks, 5 of them brand new.

Things are now getting worse though. Now a lot of the disks I try just report general fail trying to get a directory. When I try to then use DOS format on them, it fails saying sector 0 is bad. Scan disk hates all the disks that come out of the SCP.

I tried to install using the original disks, and everything is fine. Scan disk reports them as OK.

I haven't touched this since Sept/Oct and just updated the program today and started trying to back things up.

The original disks I backed up and tried were both 360k and 720k

What should I do?

Messages In This Thread
Suddenly getting bad disks out - by Thraka - 03-11-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Suddenly getting bad disks out - by admin - 03-11-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: Suddenly getting bad disks out - by Thraka - 03-12-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Suddenly getting bad disks out - by admin - 03-13-2015, 09:06 AM
RE: Suddenly getting bad disks out - by Thraka - 03-13-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: Suddenly getting bad disks out - by admin - 03-13-2015, 07:56 PM
RE: Suddenly getting bad disks out - by Thraka - 03-14-2015, 03:08 AM
RE: Suddenly getting bad disks out - by admin - 03-14-2015, 03:26 PM