The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

CBMSTUFF FORUM
Latest firmware - Printable Version

+- CBMSTUFF FORUM (https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum)
+-- Forum: CBMSTUFF PRODUCTS (https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: SuperCard Pro (https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Hardware (https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+---- Thread: Latest firmware (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Pages: 1 2

Latest firmware - admin - 11-06-2013

The latest firmware flasher is located here:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/downloads.htm

RE: Latest firmware - admin - 12-20-2013

ATTENTION!! PLEASE UPDATE TO FIRMWARE v0.4!

There was a bug in the RAM test routine that resulted in only 64K pages being tested! This problem was discovered during testing of production boards where there was clearly a solder bridge between two of the pins of the RAM chip which should have resulted in a RAM test failure. After correcting the code, we found two boards out of the first box of 100 units that failed the RAM test due to solder bridges. We are testing the rest of our inventory to see how much of a problem this was with our first production run.

If after you update the firmware you see all 3 LED's flashing, it means that the RAM test is failing. Unfortunately, unless you see an obvious solder bridge like we did and can fix it, the board will have to come back to us for replacement. Hopefully, nobody has this issue!

RE: Latest firmware - videofx - 12-20-2013

If I order my board this week will I have this problem?

(12-20-2013, 01:28 PM)admin Wrote: ATTENTION!! PLEASE UPDATE TO FIRMWARE v0.4!

There was a bug in the RAM test routine that resulted in only 64K pages being tested! This problem was discovered during testing of production boards where there was clearly a solder bridge between two of the pins of the RAM chip which should have resulted in a RAM test failure. After correcting the code, we found two boards out of the first box of 100 units that failed the RAM test due to solder bridges. We are testing the rest of our inventory to see how much of a problem this was with our first production run.

If after you update the firmware you see all 3 LED's flashing, it means that the RAM test is failing. Unfortunately, unless you see an obvious solder bridge like we did and can fix it, the board will have to come back to us for replacement. Hopefully, nobody has this issue!

RE: Latest firmware - admin - 12-20-2013

No, of course not. Smile Boards are programmed and tested as orders are placed. So, the very latest firmware always ships with new boards. I did spend much of the day today going through every production board and no other boards had any solder issues. I was very surprised to see this issue at all and I let my PCB assembly house know. Boards that have shipped were inspected, and no obvious issues existed so I doubt that anyone who already has a board will have an issue. But, I wanted to bring this issue to the attention of my customers. I am not one to try to sweep things under a rug.

Flashing of firmware is something that will happen frequently, especially when switching between board functions (like disk copier and floppy drive emulator), so the flashing process is simple and easy to do!

RE: Latest firmware - videofx - 12-20-2013

(12-20-2013, 08:16 PM)admin Wrote: Flashing of firmware is something that will happen frequently, especially when switching between board functions (like disk copier and floppy drive emulator), so the flashing process is simple and easy to do!

I hope I will be to use this as a floppy drive emulator on my Amiga! Will it be able to handle ADF as well so I can load it up with all my other images?

RE: Latest firmware - admin - 12-21-2013

The floppy emulation will be flux level. I have no plans to support other formats initially.

RE: Latest firmware - videofx - 12-21-2013

(12-21-2013, 08:36 AM)admin Wrote: The floppy emulation will be flux level. I have no plans to support other formats initially.

OK, then it will be interesting to test. I can copy all my floppies to.scp then, I will test my FlyFX floppy since it must be in DF0 in order for the program to operate. No more having to stick in floppies!

RE: Latest firmware - admin - 12-21-2013

The floppy drive emulation is not yet completed, and there is no release date for it. It's on the list of features to come. Once it is completed, SuperCard Pro will increase in price - so all of those that purchased it before hand will save $50. Firmware and software upgrades will always be free. So, in the mean time you will have to keep putting a disk in DF0:.

RE: Latest firmware - videofx - 12-21-2013

(12-21-2013, 11:58 AM)admin Wrote: The floppy drive emulation is not yet completed, and there is no release date for it. It's on the list of features to come. Once it is completed, SuperCard Pro will increase in price - so all of those that purchased it before hand will save $50. Firmware and software upgrades will always be free. So, in the mean time you will have to keep putting a disk in DF0:.

I just ordered my Super Copy Pro. I can wait for the floppy drive emulation. Since I can make a physical backup of my disk then it doesn't matter that I have to keep it in DF0: since now I will be able to make unlimited copies!!!!!!!!!! Hurray!

RE: Latest firmware - admin - 12-24-2013

Latest version of the firmware is now v0.5. This version corrects a problem with reading disks with the INDEX SENSOR/READ/IGNORE setting.