CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: [HELP] Making a Flux copy of the back side of ultima 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried making an flux backup (.scp) of an original disk Ultima III Exodus?

If so, how did you get the back side of the disk to image properly? I tried making a .scp file then converting it to g64, but it doesn't work.

I also tried making a g64 of the disk directly from the SCP program and skipping the flux image process (just to test).

Neither methods worked. I had to turn off the index sensor for reading for the back side of the disk. I tried making the image with both INDEX mode and SLICE. Neither method worked.

I set the program to copy 38 tracks. I did test my original on my C64 and 1571 drive and it worked fine.

The front side of the game did make a flux (.scp) image fine.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Send me a .scp dump of the backside using SPLICE mode, 2 revolutions, and I can rotate the tracks that so it works.

data @ cbmstuff.com
Thanks. Sending it over now.

John
Your drive is not reading the backside of the disk. If you are using a Panasonic JU-475 drive, then you likely have the wrong jumper settings for allowing the backside to be read without the index pulse.