CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: Hosting with GBBS Pro v2.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot some difficulties I'm having with the WiModem232, my IIgs, and GBBS Pro 2.2 as a BBS host.
Here's the skinny:

The modem is set at 300 baud, using factory settings otherwise. When I launch ProTerm with the settings recommended in the working examples thread, I see my telnet call come in as RING and I can answer using ATA and establish a connection.
However, no matter how I set up GBBS Pro, I can't seem to get it to pick up when a call comes through.

Here are the settings I've tried:

1. Apple IIgs serial port driver -----
Driver: Apple IIgs serial port driver
Modem: Generic 'AT' Compatible
Init string: ATX1&C0&S1
Pick up command: ATA
DSR/DCD: Tried both with these settings, no joy.
Serial Port (1 or 2?) I'm not sure why there are 2 options or which serial port is the modem port, but neither one appears to work
Baud: 300

2. Apple 300 baud modem -----
Driver: Apple 300 baud modem, configured to use slot 2 (set to the modem port in the IIgs control panel) - this just bleeps at me and dies.

There are no other options for 300 baud, does anyone have any idea what could be the issue? I figure it's one of the AT settings, but I'm a bit clueless as to where to start.
To set auto-answer you do it throgh S-register 0. ATS0=x (where x is the number of rings before answering).

ATS0=1 would answer in 1 ring. By default this is set to 0 (don't answer).