CBMSTUFF FORUM

Full Version: constant red led
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I installed the wimodem succesfully but after a reset and firmware update it sees the router but theres no communication between the modem and c64..can't even do a at command..its at 2400 using ccgms2017.Is there a HW reset on the modem itself?..
Did you set the baud rate to 300 baud?  That is required after the latest firmware update in order to communicate with it initially.  Once you have switched CCGMS to 300 baud you can then change the baud rate of the WiModem to 2400 baud with AT*B2400, and then save that baud rate for future use using AT&W.
(01-06-2018, 09:36 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Did you set the baud rate to 300 baud?  That is required after the latest firmware update in order to communicate with it initially.  Once you have switched CCGMS to 300 baud you can then change the baud rate of the WiModem to 2400 baud with AT*B2400, and then save that baud rate for future use using AT&W.

Thank you..much appreciated...will try that...thought I was losing my mind.. Big Grin
If you look at the FIRMWARE section of the forums for the WiModem, you can see a list of changes made to each firmware revision. There will always be a note about whether or not the settings need to be reset by the user, or is done automatically. It's really rare that this is necessary.
(01-07-2018, 08:45 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]If you look at the FIRMWARE section of the forums for the WiModem, you can see a list of changes made to each firmware revision.  There will always be a note about whether or not the settings need to be reset by the user, or is done automatically.  It's really rare that this is necessary.

Well I tried it and still get the amber at startup and back to red...at ascii mode im not getting a responce even at 300b..:/
My guess is something went haywire during update.
(01-07-2018, 11:06 AM)desrat Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2018, 08:45 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]If you look at the FIRMWARE section of the forums for the WiModem, you can see a list of changes made to each firmware revision.  There will always be a note about whether or not the settings need to be reset by the user, or is done automatically.  It's really rare that this is necessary.

Well I tried it and still get the amber at startup and back to red...at ascii mode im not getting a responce even at 300b..:/
My guess is something went haywire during update.

Just as a sidenote..I had similar issue with Wimodem232 but a hw reset fixe it.Im thinking theres a test setting hanging somewhere..Smile
What do you mean "back to red"?  The LED will be red with no router connection, and yellow when the router is connected.  You can't have an issue due to firmware update because it's a dual boot system, even if the update fails, the modem will still boot.  Do the emergency reset, and then change your terminal's baud rate to 300 baud.  You should be able to communicate using Ncomm, JRComm, etc.
(01-07-2018, 12:35 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean "back to red"?  The LED will be red with no router connection, and yellow when the router is connected.  You can't have an issue due to firmware update because it's a dual boot system, even if the update fails, the modem will still boot.  Do the emergency reset, and then change your terminal's baud rate to 300 baud.  You should be able to communicate using Ncomm, JRComm, etc.

Emergency reset?....is there a hw button on the wimodem(led?)..becasue I cant eve send commands to it.
Yes, there is an emergency reset just like the WiModem232. See the manual for details.
(01-07-2018, 01:05 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is an emergency reset just like the WiModem232.  See the manual for details.

I ask because i knew I missed it...thanx.
Pages: 1 2 3