Disk dumping with Teac
(06-20-2018, 11:31 AM)admin Wrote: Have you cleaned the head of the Teac drive?  You will find that you will need to clean the head frequently, probably for every disk you use.  Oxide comes off easily due to time.

Regular data disks are the most difficult thing to actually copy because SuperCard Pro is an imager/copier of raw flux and does not look for any particular format.  If the disk was created using the INDEX pulse to start/stop tracks (like nearly every commercially produced disk), then there are no issues at all.  Since the Commodore disk drives didn't have an index pulse detector, there is no way for SuperCard Pro to know exactly where the tracks actually start and stop.  There is a routine (SPLICE) that attempts to find this by looking for invalid flux.  Sometimes the flux is never bad due to overlapping.  I just need to make a routine like the .adf converter that converts disks to .d64.  It's something I have been working on for awhile.

I've been a good user (or, at least, tried to be one), and have cleaned the drive after each attempt. I use the old "looks like a regular disk but has a white scrubby thing where the actual disk should be" cleaner. I "clean" the drive by doing a drive speed test for fifteen seconds after each attempt. Should I be doing this for a longer amount of time?

If dirt isn't the problem... then is it the disks, themselves, that just won't work with the SCP (right now)?

Stone

Messages In This Thread
Disk dumping with Teac - by Stone - 06-19-2018, 02:18 PM
RE: Disk dumping with Teac - by admin - 06-20-2018, 11:31 AM
RE: Disk dumping with Teac - by Stone - 06-21-2018, 05:43 AM
RE: Disk dumping with Teac - by admin - 06-21-2018, 10:27 AM