Poll: What keycap colors should be produced
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Light translucent black
20.83%
5 20.83%
Dark translucent black
20.83%
5 20.83%
Translucent red
8.33%
2 8.33%
Translucent blue
16.67%
4 16.67%
Clear
16.67%
4 16.67%
Other
16.67%
4 16.67%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Keycap color poll
The LEDs on the Blingboard64 are actually inside of the key switch. The body of the key switch is translucent white and the top of the key switch is clear. This is why the light shines evenly through the switch and into the keycap. You can make the Blingboard64 so bright that is is annoying. The video shows the color demo at 30% of the possible brightness!

You can see that even though the Translucent Black is very dark, LEDs have no problem shining through!
(05-01-2024, 01:12 PM)admin Wrote: The LEDs on the Blingboard64 are actually inside of the key switch. The body of the key switch is translucent white and the top of the key switch is clear. This is why the light shines evenly through the switch and into the keycap. You can make the Blingboard64 so bright that is is annoying. The video shows the color demo at 30% of the possible brightness!

You can see that even though the Translucent Black is very dark, LEDs have no problem shining through!

Yes, I have checked how these special RGB switches work, the Gateron 3.0 has a small "window" at the bottom where the LED light goes in and a small window at the top where most of the light comes out. Some of the light will shine through the top of the switch.

What makes a big difference is that you can adjust the brightness, this wasn't possible on the Mechboard64 and is one reason why I'm backing a Blingboard64.

While translucent black is OK for the Blingboard64, I cannot recommend it for LED use on the Mechboard64. This is what I wanted to make clear in my post: the picture you posted of my Mechbaord64 cannot be used as a reference for how it would look on the BlingBoard64. The position of the LED is completely different.
The reason why I posted your picture was because some people were concerned that the Translucent Black was too dark for the LED to be seen, because you can't see through the keycap when it is mounted on the stem... it looks like the solid black.