Note about v1.20 WiModem232 Pro update
I changed the way the SSID and password are stored, setting aside flash memory space to store the information instead of letting the system libraries handle it.  When using the CABLE (NULL modem mode), the system stored SSID and password were being deleted by the direct connect WiFi configuration.  This meant that going back to normal use required re-entering your SSID and password again (every time).  So, this change prevents that from being necessary.  However, anyone who updates to v1.20 (and later) from v1.10 and earlier is going to have to re-enter your SSID and password.
(03-20-2024, 04:00 AM)admin Wrote: I changed the way the SSID and password are stored, setting aside flash memory space to store the information instead of letting the system libraries handle it.  When using the CABLE (NULL modem mode), the system stored SSID and password were being deleted by the direct connect WiFi configuration.  This meant that going back to normal use required re-entering your SSID and password again (every time).  So, this change prevents that from being necessary.  However, anyone who updates to v1.20 (and later) from v1.10 and earlier is going to have to re-enter your SSID and password.

Hmm, so now it's not stored at all?

I mean I just updated the WiModem232 Pro on my Mega STe and every time I power it on I have to do a:

at*ns

and login to my network.

It doesn't save it between power offs now. I tried doing an AT&W but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks.
No, it stores it, just in a different location from before so that you no longer have to re-enter the SSID and password after switching between normal and NULL modem modes.

Are you using a password when you use AT*NS? You might try using the SSID command (AT*SSID) instead of using AT*NS. Maybe I goofed for this one? I will take a look at that.
Yes, I use a password. So I normally do:

at*n

when I get the results back a few seconds later, I then do:

at*ns=0,password (0, because I only have the 1 network)

and normally after that, we're good. The WiModem232 (or Pro) will remember it
until or if there's some kind of change.
Did you try using the AT*SSID method? I tried all methods and al of them stored automatically.
Okay, I used the AT*SSID method and that seemed to work. I powered the WiModem232 Pro off and
then back on and it seemed to retain my Wifi settings correctly.

I'll do that on all the others now.

But for whatever reason, AT*NS= works, but is not retained on any of my 3 WiModem232 Pro's.

Thanks for the help. Smile
I will look into this again. Maybe this only occurs if you have not done the SSID entry method at least one time before.