WiModem232 Pro!
Looks like I am the first customer to post regarding the latest modem release. I finally had some time to sit down with it today and test it out.

When I first powered it up, there was nothing shown on the display but I did see the brightness level go up. I was concerned at first because I recall that my other two WiModems displayed something by default. I quickly remembered about the brightness setting and that a value of 0 would likely mean it was off. Sure enough, at*help showed no value here. I set it 2 and the display came to life. Phew!

Next up was connecting it to my router. No trouble here. Just as easy as it was for my other WiModems.

I then set my preferred baud rate of 38.4kbps. Done.

When I went to try my first BBS connection attempt, it spit the word "ERROR" back at me. Ehh? Mind you, I am entering the same command string I have done successfully many times before...i.e. "atdt particlesbbs.dyndns.org:6400" Just for giggles, I even tried the example "atdt google.com:80" ALL CAPS was tried too. Same ERROR response given.

Two different Amiga terminal programs were tried. Both with ANSI terminal emulation. The modem is currently connected to a GVP I/O extender (incorporated into a GVP GeForce '040 board).

My older "WiModem232" (non-Pro) connected to the same hardware and using the same software accepts dial commands just fine as expected

Suggestions? Factory reset perhaps? Although I do not know how it could have got borked so soon when every step in the setup was uneventful. It simply refuses to accept a dial command string. I also added a phonebook entry. Dialing from the phonebook also returns "ERROR".
I'm having the exact problem on my pro. I have a pending post that hasn't been approved yet asking for a solution. Good to know it's not just me. Maybe a firmware bug?
Type AT#WIFI! <return>

This will reset the EEPROM data.  It could be that the programming script skipped that.  I was changing the script in the middle of programing/testing some of them, so maybe a few got through with this missed.  This seems especially true if the brightness was set to 0.
That seems to have done the trick! Thanks, Jim.
Yeah, sorry about that. It's one the many steps that I have to do when setting up the WiModem232 Pro. I am trying to streamline the testing process so I don't have to manually enable/disable and test every single setting.
That command worked for me too. I also saw a new firmware update come through so I updated. All seems good
No worries! Calling a lot of boards now. No issues.

What changed in v1.01?

(01-25-2024, 06:19 PM)admin Wrote: Yeah, sorry about that. It's one the many steps that I have to do when setting up the WiModem232 Pro. I am trying to streamline the testing process so I don't have to manually enable/disable and test every single setting.
I made a change so that when the WiModem232 Pro boots and the problem with the EEPROM not being reset occurs it shows you (me) on the screen to tell me I am a dummy! Smile So, now if there is a router selected it still shows the message until ALL of the setup steps are completed. This is just an internal change for me so this doesn't happen in the future.
Gotcha!
(01-25-2024, 04:26 PM)admin Wrote: Type AT#WIFI! <return>

This will reset the EEPROM data.  It could be that the programming script skipped that.  I was changing the script in the middle of programing/testing some of them, so maybe a few got through with this missed.  This seems especially true if the brightness was set to 0.

Hi,
unfortunately this doesn't work for me. :-(
I set up the modem today, it is correctly connected to WIFI and did the update to 1.02.

Entering AT#WIFI! lets the cursor jump back to the "A" but doesn't deliver any response.

Entering AT afterwards, returns "OK".

But anyway, ATDT returns "ERROR".

I did a full factory reset, setup WIFI again, but still the error message.

Thank you!