Suggestion to aid Videotex users.
(01-23-2019, 09:28 AM)admin Wrote: OK, so let me get this right.  You need 0x5F to also function as the standard CR (0x0D), but only in COMMAND mode?  I don't need an alternate CR for doing this, and I would never make any new S-Register that was not a valid Hayes standard.  Instead, I could make a WiModem specific ('*' command) that enabled/disabled the feature.  Something like AT*TS1 to enable it and AT*TS0 to disable it.  What I don't know is if you need 0x0D output to the terminal (from the WiModem) or 0x5F, or both?

I am adding the Autodial feature.  A new WiModem specific command (AT*Ax) will be created.   Where 'x' is 0 for disabled (default), or 1 for enabled.  So, when you power up the modem and the router is found, it will attempt to connect to the first phone book entry when this feature is enabled.  Once the connection is lost it requires a power-cycle for this to happen again automatically.

Sounds good. To answer the question only 0x0D needs to be returned to the terminal.

There is one other minor issue that I discovered during testing viewdata. Some viewdata clients e.g. Antelope on the Apple II only work using 7 bits even parity, 1 stop (this was the viewdata standard), currently this prevents them from configuring the modem. I wonder if you could clear the high bit on any chars received when in command mode. This will allow these applications to configure the modem and make calls/connections etc.

Please don't take any of these comments as any kind of criticism, the WiModem is a great product, well done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion to aid Videotex users. - by admin - 01-22-2019, 10:03 AM
RE: Suggestion to aid Videotex users. - by admin - 01-22-2019, 03:22 PM
RE: Suggestion to aid Videotex users. - by admin - 01-23-2019, 09:28 AM
RE: Suggestion to aid Videotex users. - by John_Newcombe - 01-24-2019, 01:49 AM
RE: Suggestion to aid Videotex users. - by admin - 01-24-2019, 10:21 AM
RE: Suggestion to aid Videotex users. - by admin - 01-24-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Suggestion to aid Videotex users. - by admin - 01-25-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: Suggestion to aid Videotex users. - by admin - 01-26-2019, 06:25 PM