ccgms c= STOP off-hook
hi

sometimes the bbs would become unresponsive and I would like to disconnect.

ccgms says c= STOP will go off-hook and shift-STOP will disconnect (non-hayes) both of which does not seem to do anything.

I tried doing AT&D2 and AT&D3 no difference was noticed.

any suggestion on how i can get this to work or at least investigate if this analog telephone specific functionality that wimodem is emulating?

too quickly investigate and not cause on one of the bbs. i do the following
1. after a power cycle
2. AT&D2 DTR signal is monitored. The modem hangs up and enters command state after an on-to-off transition of DTR signal.
3. ATDT google.com:80 i get a CONNECT
4. press shift-STOP ... i see Disconnected
5. AT ... i am suppose to be in command state and get "OK" but i get nothing
6. press c= STOP also nothing
7. +++ i get "OK" i am guessing only now am i in command mode
8. AT ... i get OK
I will take a look at this. I have never seen anything on the C64 that actually uses DTR.
(01-29-2023, 05:30 AM)admin Wrote: I will take a look at this.  I have never seen anything on the C64 that actually uses DTR.

thanks a lot

not sure if it would help, but digging up the ccgmsterm code. i can see that it is trying to do something to the dtr or at least to the user port. i dont know enough of c64 to decipher this.

mopo1  .byt $20 ;pick up
mopo1  .byt $20 ;pick up

mopo2  .byt $00 ;hang up

mopo3  .byt $20 ;click on (pu)
mopo4  .byt $00 ;click off (hu)
;;.opt err        ;no list!!!

modreg = $dd01
datdir = $dd03

hangup    ;hang up phone
ldx #$20
stx datdir
ldx 653
cpx #2
beq pickup
lda mopo2
sta modreg
jsr curoff
lda #<dsctxt
ldy #>dsctxt
jsr outstr
jmp main

pickup
lda mopo1
sta modreg
jsr curoff
lda #<pcktxt
ldy #>pcktxt
jsr outstr
jmp main
pcktxt .byt 13,5,'Off-hook.',13,13,0
mopo2  .byt $00 ;hang up

mopo3  .byt $20 ;click on (pu)

mopo4  .byt $00 ;click off (hu)
DTR is commonly used on other systems (like with the WiModem232) to hang up the modem when AT&D2 is used. AT&D1 is suppose to go to the command mode (not hang up). I will need to see if that was broken at some point.
DTR is not supported with the WiModem hardware.  This is why it does not work in CCGMS.

Only the WiModem232 supports DTR/DSR modes.
(01-29-2023, 11:47 PM)admin Wrote: DTR is not supported with the WiModem hardware.  This is why it does not work in CCGMS.

Only the WiModem232 supports DTR/DSR modes.

ok. thanks for checking.

I can probably check this myself later after work but just incase. 
Is the DTR line or the line the ccgms is using to toggle DTR is not connected to the esp module? or we ran out of available gpio?
The DTR connection that CCGMS uses is part of the UP9600 hack, and there are also no spare I/O pins available for the CPU even if you remove the hack - so this option is never going to be available for the WiModem.
(01-30-2023, 11:53 AM)admin Wrote: The DTR connection that CCGMS uses is part of the UP9600 hack, and there are also no spare I/O pins available for the CPU even if you remove the hack - so this option is never going to be available for the WiModem.

cool thanks. that saves me time from investigating. it works great anyway, just occasionally the bbs will not let me hang-up so i wait for it to timeout.
its usually my fault any so all good. thanks again.
You can always type +++ and then ATH to hangup after making a connection.
thanks for the suggestion, but there are bbs that just locks up the wimodem and +++ ath does not work.

so if you are planning to update the firmware. my feature request is to have some way of forced disconnect the wimodem