OLED corruption
Hi All,

Recently got back to using my Wimodem a few weeks ago, updated FW and all was good, no issues at all. Have had a couple of weeks off and powered up the 64 today and the OLED display is corrupted. It almost looks as though every other line is missing. Anyone else experienced this? It's been plugged into the 64 and powered off for a couple of weeks. No obvious external damage. It still works without issue, but the OLED info was very useful!
The display is permanently damaged. Look at the corners of the glass, you will likely find it "snapped". This is caused by applying pressure to the glass. If the glass is fine then the display just failed and I can replace it under warranty. If the glass is damaged then i can replace it for the cost of the display.
(08-18-2023, 12:33 PM)admin Wrote: The display is permanently damaged.  Look at the corners of the glass, you will likely find it "snapped".  This is caused by applying pressure to the glass.  If the glass is fine then the display just failed and I can replace it under warranty.  If the glass is damaged then i can replace it for the cost of the display.

Yeah, looks like a corner is slightly cracked. Blame on dog, cat, kids..who knows. Either way, I ordered a replacement yesterday.
YOU can't replace the display. It's a special display, not compatible with any other display type.
(08-19-2023, 12:34 PM)admin Wrote: YOU can't replace the display.  It's a special display, not compatible with any other display type.

No, I meant I’ve ordered a whole new unit from YOU.
OK, but I can fix the display though. The cost is $5.00 + shipping (and you have to ship me the unit as well).
(08-21-2023, 01:52 PM)admin Wrote: OK, but I can fix the display though.  The cost is $5.00 + shipping (and you have to ship me the unit as well).

Many thanks. I may do that, the device still works tbh. And shipping to/from the US/UK makes it quite expensive in comparison to a new unit.
Ah... I understand.
(08-22-2023, 11:22 PM)admin Wrote: Ah... I understand.

?
I understand the shipping cost issue with going back and forth between the U.S. and the U.K.