BBSes with cursor navigation menus not working
Well, 200 is not very many in the grand scheme of things (there are tens of thousands of BBS's world-wide) and clearly over the last 7 years this has never been an issue as this is the first I am hearing about it.

After reading the documentation for the Mystic BBS it is pretty obvious that it was designed around the Telnet system and makes use of numerous Telnet commands. There are literally hundreds of possible Telnet commands, so if this is something simple that can be added then I can look at it. Otherwise, I can't justify the time adding support for a particular BBS where they have actually abandoned serial support themselves and require a PC w/internet (like NetRunner does). Since the Zimodem firmware does not appear to work either, I am guessing this must be a lot of various Telnet commands. I went and located the Zimodem source code and see that it supports the exact same set of Telnet commands that I do, so it is not surprising the results are the same as anything (WiModem232, other terminal programs, etc.) that does not have whatever Telnet support is missing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBSes with cursor navigation menus not working - by admin - 11-24-2022, 11:05 PM