BBSes with cursor navigation menus not working
Don't forget that to use Telnet mode you need to enable it with the WiModem232. You can do that by using the AT*T1 to set the mode, or by placing that as part of the URL you are calling, ie. ATDT*T1,ONYXBBS.MYWIRE.ORG:2300

I am guessing this is a Telnet issue. The Zimodem info says that it always has Telnet mode enabled unless you specifically disable it using an S-register. From the instructions:

"ATS62=n : When n > 0, enables/disables telnet support in the ATD (Dial) command. Default is 1 (enabled)."

You can set ATS62=0 and try that to see if that stops working. The terminals that I tried that do fail on my PC do not support Telnet commands, so that would make sense why they fail and why NetRunner works.

After looking over the capture, I believe the issue is that the ONYX BBS is sending a request to know the terminal mode (along with several other commands), and I don't support any of them. The commands that are sent by ONYX BBS (before the intro screen where you select the terminal type) are: WILL ECHO, WILL SUPPRESS GA, DO TERMINAL TYPE, DO SEND LOCATION. I need to figure out a way to capture the port data with NetRunner so I can see the responses to these commands.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBSes with cursor navigation menus not working - by admin - 11-16-2022, 03:40 AM