BBSes with cursor navigation menus not working
The WiModem232 passes whatever data is sent to it. I am not sure what type of "incompatibility" there could be other than maybe some Telnet command that I am not supporting.

As I said previously, I see this exact same problem on my PC when using ZOC8, RealTerm, and other terminal programs, all using an Ethernet connection with no WiModem232 being used. So, this is definitely not a WiModem232 issue. The ONLY terminal program where I see this work is NetRunner on my PC.

I found a laptop with Windows ME on it that has a RS232 port. Can you point me to some link(s) for a terminal program that you know should work (shows the lock correctly)?

The SYSOP for ONYX BBS turned off enabling the cursor. You should try it now to see if it works or not.

In the mean time, I would like to know the difference of why it works on one terminal and not another, especially with no WiModem232 involved at all. I am guessing it is Telnet code escaping that is being used. I only support the basic set of Telnet commands because Telnet is very rarely used anymore and there are more than 1,000 Telnet functions, with probably 50 or so main ones that would be necessary for some things to work. It's just really rare this is ever a concern. The terminals that I have tried on my PC I know don't support Telnet escaping, so that seems to be the only thing in common that I can find as to why this would not work on different terminals.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBSes with cursor navigation menus not working - by admin - 11-14-2022, 11:52 PM