If you are having trouble with the SCP not being found
I recently had an issue where the SCP software said the SCP board could not be found. A reinstall of the SCP software did not help. I have had this issue 1-2 with FTDI devices over the years. It seems to stem from installing software which tries to add a different version of the FTDI drivers. I think it may have been the STM32 flash tool that messed things up for me, but I don't know why. 

Anyhow, go to: https://ftdichip.com/wp-content/uploads/...r_v1.4.zip and run the CDM Uninstaller and remove all your FTDI drivers and then reinstall the one you need. This did the trick for me.
Yes, this is needed from time to time, when you are installing various FTDI based devices. FTDI also have different OS specific versions of their drivers. The newer drivers for Windows 8/10/11 are generally not compatible with Windows 95/98/XP/Vista. The FTDI website has all of their drivers available.

Thanks for posting the link!
When you install software that includes its own version of FTDI drivers, it can sometimes conflict with existing drivers on your system or cause them to be overwritten, leading to issues like the one you described where the SCP software can't find the board.