Night Hunter Disk 2
I was able to make disk 1, and boots properly and asks for disk 2. I've tried index and splice up to 5 with no success.
I'm using v2.42 of scp and a Epson sd-800 drive. The original disk 2 works with my copied disk 1.
Make a 5 revolution dump (of both disks) using SPLICE mode and send them to me to look at: data @ cbmstuff.com.
(02-13-2022, 01:29 PM)admin Wrote: Make a 5 revolution dump (of both disks) using SPLICE mode and send them to me to look at: data @ cbmstuff.com.
Hi,

Sent. There is a 0-79 track and a 0-83 track dump of Disk 2. Disk 1 dump is a working image.

First disk is a long boot. After switching disks, it will ask for a 3 letter code (I hit return 3 times). It will then say 'Entering Level 01'. The normal time for disk 2 to load is roughly 20-22 seconds, then the game begins.

Thanks,
FujiMan
I looked at your image files.  I would say that disk 2 is probably pretty noisy when it spins - like a woosh, woosh, woosh, sound due to drag (because it is dirty).

The drive you are using to read this with can't cope with the drag and so the speed is all over the place. You see a huge spike as the drive slows down and then speeds back up because the drive trying to increase the speed and overshoots.  You can see the difference between the flux with disk1 and disk2.

Also, I would say that whatever is powering the drive you are using is not supplying sufficient current, or maybe the drive itself has problems with speed in general.  How are you powering this disk drive?

I would recommend trying a different disk drive.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-14-2022, 11:40 PM)admin Wrote: I looked at your image files.  I would say that disk 2 is probably pretty noisy when it spins - like a woosh, woosh, woosh, sound due to drag (because it is dirty).

The drive you are using to read this with can't cope with the drag and so the speed is all over the place. You see a huge spike as the drive slows down and then speeds back up because the drive trying to increase the speed and overshoots.  You can see the difference between the flux with disk1 and disk2.

Also, I would say that whatever is powering the drive you are using is not supplying sufficient current, or maybe the drive itself has problems with speed in general.  How are you powering this disk drive?

I would recommend trying a different disk drive.

This is the power supply I'm using: https://yhpower.en.made-in-china.com/pro...3018-.html
The molex powers both drives of the Epson SD-800.
I have a brand new ALPS DF354H068G drive to re-image the disk.
It could be just the drive then if you think the 5V power is good (12V is not used by a 3.5" disk drive).