Future AMIGA data recovery request if possibe?
Dear Jim,

I was wondering if there was any chance to request a version of your utility that can be used to try everything possible to recover data from weak/damaged parts of magnetic media. Currently, I have pictures I want to restore from my teenage years, but they recover corrupted.

I use a program called HDD regenerator to recover such errors from dying hard disks before throwing out, and I was wondering if this type of recovery idea could be possible for disks as well?
I have used it with good success on older, dying hard drives on the PC, but there is noting I can find for AMIGA that recovers data.
A link to the product I use on the IBM compatible stuff is below to give you some more information on what I am talking about.
http://www.dposoft.net/hdd.html
SuperCard Pro can recover Amiga disks when you use the drive to ADF image function. I have recovered source code disks that will never be readable on any Amiga drive. I have also recovered C64 disks that were actually warped and bent back straight. I designed SuperCard Pro in the beginning strictly for this purpose. You should be able to use the drive to ADF image function to recover anything that is physically salvageable. Set the retries to something like 25.
(02-08-2022, 06:34 PM)admin Wrote: SuperCard Pro can recover Amiga disks when you use the drive to ADF image function.  I have recovered source code disks that will never be readable on any Amiga drive. I have also recovered C64 disks that were actually warped and bent back straight.  I designed SuperCard Pro in the beginning strictly for this purpose.  You should be able to use the drive to ADF image function to recover anything that is physically salvageable.  Set the retries to something like 25.

Ok, i'll try upping the re-tries. It would copy but there was still corruption. Maybe they are too far gone or the CRC is wrong.