Downloading problems with WiModem 232 and a UDS-10
(07-28-2021, 01:37 PM)admin Wrote: OK, I am able to upload the TESTFILE at 9600 baud.  That same file won't upload at 57600 baud.  This tells me that there is a timing issue with the UDS-10.  Maybe this is why most people use the UDS-1100 instead?

I was not able to download a binary file with Zmodem at 9600 baud though, so if you can put that TESTFILE that I uploaded in one of your download directories I would like to try to download it at 9600 to see if that works with various protocols.  Zmodem is super touchy, so I was surprised to see the upload work.  I uploaded it also with YModem-1K and that worked fine.  The Xmodem and Ymodem protocols don't have tiny timing windows... they still have windows, but typically it's not an issue for WiFi<>router connections.  In your case you have a Serial<>Ethernet<>router connection.  I did see that the UDS-10 is not fully asynchronous (why it has the collision LED).  Its certainly possible that the timing at higher baud rates is too fast and collisions are occurring.

Okay. I put the TESTFILE in File Sig 3.

19200 baud is as fast as the Atari Mega ST4 can achieve stock.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Downloading problems with WiModem 232 and a UDS-10 - by DarkLord - 07-28-2021, 09:15 PM