'no router located' with Google Nest wifi mesh.
Trying to get my Wi232 to connect to my network and get the dreaded 'no router located'.  AT*N shows the network with a strength of -47 dBm, so that should not be it.  I am thinking of getting a 'second' wifi  router and see it will let me connect to that, unless someone else has a idea.
Make sure you don’t have a firewall setup with the router, or externally (like a PiHole). Also make sure you are using an ASCII mode in your terminal software for entering the router name and password. That won’t work in ANSI mode.
Hmm no firewalls setup that I know of.   I am running it on a A1200, using term 4.8.  Not seeing any place to switch to ascii.  Any suggestions for a Amiga based term program/
I use NComm and JR-Comm. I also use an A1200 for hand programming/testing every WiModem232 before they are shipped.

Using the AT*N command you should be able to see all of your routers available. You then use AT*NS<x>,<password> to setup the router. You can also use AT*SSID<name>,<password>.

Keep in mind that the commands MUST be in CAPITAL letters, and the router name and password are case sensitive, so make sure those are exactly the same as what your SSID and password are.
I've been having a similar issue but with a ASUS router. The WiModem232 was working well until I turned it on again after an update. I did the update and ran it for about 32 hours straight. The battery pack died with the WiModem232 in a basic state with ATS0=9. Since I've only be able to get it to connect to my router once, and during that time it would drop telnet connections. I'm not doing anything fancy except playing with minicom terminal and telnet. I'm at firmware v4.10-06/07/21 .
My WiModem232 is a v2. Things I've noticed that don't work:
AT*REBOOT
AT&F
at&f should reset the baud rate to 300, but it doesn't.
AT*SSID=somessid
will change the SSID shown in ati! but not connect to it.
AT*WPS doesn't seem to work either.

So I'm not sure what happened. When I ran AT*UPDATE appeared to update it.
The AT*REBOOT command was removed.

AT&F works fine. I actually use it for every single WiModem232 before it ships. The baud rate is NOT immediately reset when you use AT&F. Power off the modem and power it back on and it will then be at 300 baud.

Make sure that you don't have a firewall in your router - and that you don't have a PiHole setup without an exclusion.
(08-04-2021, 02:43 AM)admin Wrote: The AT*REBOOT command was removed.

AT&F works fine. I actually use it for every single WiModem232 before it ships.  The baud rate is NOT immediately reset when you use AT&F.  Power off the modem and power it back on and it will then be at 300 baud.

Make sure that you don't have a firewall in your router - and that you don't have a PiHole setup without an exclusion.

I like the reboot, and a power off would be neat to. 
I love the ring led flashing indicator its awesome. Also the connect time. I had to give them up, i explain why below.  I know I need another wimodem232 so I can explore slip cslip and possibly pppp servers builds and implementation. 
Thanks for the info about the at&f. I thought my modem had  corruption in firmware or hardware so I feel better knowing it's normal. I have so much to explore with wimodem232 and serial connections. 

Well I downgraded the firmware to 3.41 after a couple of tests. 

My wimodem232 still works which is great. 

Using firmware 4.10 trying to connect to an airmesh setup the wimodem can't locate the router for connecting. 
It scans it and sees a matching set of SSIDs with different value for dbs without a problem. So there is some issue what I believe at the SSID. When it sees two of the same SSID it errors with cannot locate router. 
Now when I turn off one of the routers wimodem232 connects to the same SSID no problem. 

Firmware 3.41 doesn't seem to have an issue with my airmesh. 

Admin, have you tested wimodem232 with wifi mesh setups?
I think more of them will be appearing in the future.
(08-04-2021, 11:44 PM)bbsing Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 02:43 AM)admin Wrote: The AT*REBOOT command was removed.

AT&F works fine. I actually use it for every single WiModem232 before it ships.  The baud rate is NOT immediately reset when you use AT&F.  Power off the modem and power it back on and it will then be at 300 baud.

I like the reboot, and a power off would be neat to. 
I love the ring led flashing indicator its awesome. Also the connect time. I had to give them up, i explain why below.  I know I need another wimodem232 so I can explore slip cslip and possibly pppp servers builds and implementation. 
Thanks for the info about the at&f. I thought my modem had  corruption in firmware or hardware so I feel better knowing it's normal. I have so much to explore with wimodem232 and serial connections. 

Well I downgraded the firmware to 3.41 after a couple of tests. 

My wimodem232 still works which is great. 

Using firmware 4.10 trying to connect to an airmesh setup the wimodem can't locate the router for connecting. 
It scans it and sees a matching set of SSIDs with different value for dbs without a problem. So there is some issue what I believe at the SSID. When it sees two of the same SSID it errors with cannot locate router. 
Now when I turn off one of the routers wimodem232 connects to the same SSID no problem. 

Firmware 3.41 doesn't seem to have an issue with my airmesh. 

Admin, have you tested wimodem232 with wifi mesh setups?
I think more of them will be appearing in the future.
My mistake 3.41 also has the problem upon power oof then poweron.
Reboot was removed because of a bug in the ESP8266 libraries causing EEPROM corruption on a reboot. No corruption occurs on a normal power up. A power off mode is not possible because I never designed the device with that in mind. That would add considerably more hardware, making the WiModem232 larger and more expensive to produce.

You can have multiple of the same SSID's but they should be on different channels. Since the WiModem232 establishes communications permanently with a WiFi device (saving the SSID name, encryption, and channel number) that can't change. If your router is set to roam, it could change channels and that would cause a loss of the router connection.

Nothing has ever changed with the WiFi portion of the WiModems, so changing firmware will not change anything in this regard.