Are there any non-standard/undocumented things to try (setting up BBS)
There should be nothing to be "angry" about. You found some bugs, I fixed them, and now Paragon works. I am still working on the new update.  It fixes the bugs that were causing the issue you have, and now adds a bunch of new features.  I am doing some testing to a make sure test I didn’t break anything in the process. I actively (daily) support all of my products, so you can check pretty much throughout the day for responses to posts here.

I used the following init string (with the new v3.50 firmware update) for Paragon:

ATH0X1V0

You don't need (or want) AT&D2. One of the things I fixed was the stacking of H0, which was generating an error because it did require to be an isolated (non-sequential) command. Now you will be able to put H0 anywhere in a string of commands.

Again, you will need the new firmware in order for you to use Paragon, and I am still testing it. Don't waste anymore of your time trying to get Paragon to work with the firmware you have currently - it won't work until you have the new update.

A factory reset does NOT change the working baud rate, just the stored baud rate.  That is how the Hayes standard defines how the AT&F command works! If you reboot the modem, it will then switch to the baud rate set by AT&F (300 baud). This is how my USR Courier, Supra 2400, and other real modems I have here all work... but that is what is defined by the Hayes standard, so that is not surprising.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any non-standard/undocumented things to try (setting up BBS) - by admin - 05-08-2021, 07:22 PM