Are there any non-standard/undocumented things to try (setting up BBS)
OK, I fixed the A1200 and did some more experimenting. I can connect just fine every time, but the BBS is deliberately hanging up after it finds there is a connection.

The biggest issue in your init string is that ATH0 is not a stackable command. This means that if you put any text after the ATH0 (like ATH0S0=1) that will return an error. I thought this command was stackable, so I will check that. If you just place the H0 at the end of the string instead of the beginning, then it works fine.

So, at this point I need to figure out what the BBS is looking for to know that there is a valid connection.

For testing of the WiModem232 I set the baud rate to 9600 baud (and stored that baud). I launched the ParCon then I launch the BBS using:

Paragon 1 B9600 L9600

This sets and locks the baud rate at 9600. I didn't try changing this with the CONFIG program, but that probably works. This override works as well.

At this point I am guessing that the numeric code that the BBS is expecting is different from the extended set. I will have to look into that. But at least it connects on a call, and the BBS recognizes the connection - it just doesn't like it (yet). Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any non-standard/undocumented things to try (setting up BBS) - by admin - 05-06-2021, 03:16 PM