Are there any non-standard/undocumented things to try (setting up BBS)
I looked at the BBS and used your LHA to set it up.  Right in the middle of testing it my A1200 died!  Ugh!  So, I need to figure out what happened to it.

In the mean time, there are some things you need to look at:

First, the WiModem232 must be set (permanently) to the baud rate you intend to use.  If your max baud rate for your BBS is 19200, then you need to use a terminal program and change the default baud rate (300) to 19200 using AT*B19200 and then AT&W to store that.

Second, you must use the "J" feature in the config to LOCK the baud rate at whatever baud rate you have set the WiModem232 to (19200 in the above example).  The MAX baud rate setting should also be set to the same.

Use this for your init string: ATS0=1

The documentation is great at explaining the options, but it does not actually tell you how to RUN the BBS!  Do you run the ParCon program and that invokes the BBS?  There is no info on how the BBS actually knows there is an incoming call.  If it looks for an extended code (ie CONNECT 9600) instead of just CONNECT, or checking the DCD line then you would need to add the X1V0 part of the init string.  There is no info on this, so it's hard to know what is required and now that my A1200 won't boot, I can't test this any further today.  Maybe you are not locking the WiModem232 at whatever baud rate you want to use, and matching that in the config?

One thing that I did learn today is that I should change at least the LED (probably the OLED screen as well) when an incoming connection is being attempted.  This would help diagnose if a connection attempt is even being made.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any non-standard/undocumented things to try (setting up BBS) - by admin - 05-06-2021, 01:41 PM