Non-blind mode
Can you shed any information on how the non-blind mode functions? Does it always use some routine for attempting to find the write splice, or only sometimes? Does it perform this task when reading, or only when you go to write back to disk? At first I didn't think the option was even implemented yet, but I have a V-Max formatted disk (After Burner) that, surprisingly, is aligned approx 3/4 of a revolution after the index hole. So in this case, blind mode fails always, but writing back a non-blind mode image to disk works perfectly, so it seems it does find the gap somehow.

However in this case, you can't generate a G64 image of the game, since the flux->g64 option doesn't seem to work for non-blind/multi-revolution images, and using that conversion on the blind image won't work in this case either.

Are you just looking for invalid flux timings, the same way the button in the analyzer works? In looking at some of my Vorpal 2 disks, I found that I could accurately pinpoint the write splice by identifying the outliers in the analyzer's visual flux display. Those outliers weren't always "invalid", but they could easily be determined through statistical analysis, as they fell outside standard deviation. This would probably get 80% or more of the write splices, but there were a few tracks that showed no obvious outliers, which leaves other methods to be used.

If using the non-blind mode (you really need to change that name) it would be nice if the software told you of the results of its analysis. Even something as simple as an indication for each track as to whether a write splice could be determined or not would be helpful.
G64 conversions are only supported with blind mode. Most disk copies will work.

Non-blind locates the write splice by analyzing the flux data. I have new routines to implement, but I am bus at the moment with Atari ST and Amiga disks.
(01-13-2014, 07:27 PM)admin Wrote: G64 conversions are only supported with blind mode. Most disk copies will work.

Non-blind locates the write splice by analyzing the flux data. I have new routines to implement, but I am bus at the moment with Atari ST and Amiga disks.

Please let me know when I can use Non-Blind mode to copy Amigados format disks. I want to be able to image floppies using SCP without going to my Amiga. This way when I need WorkBench disks I can create them using SCP

Thanks
It's on the list of things to do. Smile