Trouble using ProTerm on Apple IIe enhanced
Exclamation 
Hi,  I just received my WiModem232, and am very excited to use it with my SSC on my Apple IIe enhanced.  But I haven’t been able to get it to work yet, as I’m having some trouble with using ProTerm. 

I’m using a FloppyEmu to load the disk images, but when I try to load v3.1, instead of getting any type of title screen, I get a strange looking (to me, at least) screen of characters with what appears to be a prompt of some sort.  I’ve gotten ProTerm 3.1 disk images from a couple different places to see if it was a problem with the disk images themselves, but a similar screen appears.  It’s not exactly the same, as some of the numbers and letters are different, but very similar for the most part.  

When I try to load ProTerm v2.2, I get a screen that says “ProTerm was not installed on this machine, press RETURN to verify your hardware configuration or press ESC to continue.”  At this point no matter what key I press nothing happens.  

I ran a system check and everything came back ok.  I have very little experience in this space so I figure it could be something simple I’m overlooking.  

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much!

What you show in the first two pictures is Apple's built-in ML monitor. This occurs when the program crashes due to corruption of some kind - either the disk image is bad, the disk image is not loading correctly, or you have a hardware problem with your Apple II.

I have no experience with ProTerm v2.2, so I am not sure how that license is suppose to work. Missing the license or something is why you get that message.

Perhaps someone who deals with the Apple II scene can help out here.
Thank you for your help! Turns out it was a faulty disk image. I have working ones now, and PT 3.1 seems to be working, so that part of it is solved. Thanks again!
Great to hear! Let me know if you have any other questions.
(03-29-2021, 10:23 PM)admin Wrote: Great to hear!  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks so much.  I do have another question, actually.  At the risk of asking a stupid question, I can't seem to figure how to set up my modem in ProTerm now that I've got the program to open. 

I see the Main Menu window with the list of command options (F=File Commands, O=Online Parms, etc), but I can't seem to figure out how to get to the terminal prompt to enter the ATI commands and setup my modem as described in the WiModem manual. 

I'm sure it's something simple, but for some reason, I'm having a hard time figuring it out.  Any help would be much appreciated!!  Thank you again!
You probably need to read the manual for ProTerm3.1 because it is not a simple run and go setup. You must install the modem driver for your modem (which is based on the baud rate you want to use). Once you install the modem driver you can then use the WiModem and get into the terminal mode with the key-combo required (Apple-T).
(03-29-2021, 11:21 PM)admin Wrote: You probably need to read the manual for ProTerm3.1 because it is not a simple run and go setup.  You must install the modem driver for your modem (which is based on the baud rate you want to use).  Once you install the modem driver you can then use the WiModem and get into the terminal mode with the key-combo required (Apple-T).

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have been reading the manual, and while I've made some progress, I'm still just shy of being able to configure my WiModem. 

I was able to install the modem driver, and it looks like ProTerm is at least recognizing that it's there, because if I try to run the program without the WiModem plugged in, it says it can't initialize the modem, but when it is plugged in, the modem initialization sequence goes through fine and I get to the main ProTerm 3.1 menu. 

Using the Apple-T key-combo definitely seems to be what I was looking for, as it goes into terminal mode, and I see a prompt with blinking cursor.  Unfortunately, no matter what keys I kit, nothing happens.  I've tried caps, lowercase, numbers; but no luck. 

I've tried several different types of terminal emulators in the Parameters setting, each with the same result.  

It seems like I'm just at the point where I can start to configure my modem as in the manual, but something is not letting me enter commands.  Any ideas?

Thanks again for all the help!
Make sure you are setting the baud rate to 300 baud. The WiModem232 comes set to 300 baud by default. You can change the baud rate (and save the change) once you have established communications with the WiModem232. You might want to look at the thread here about setting up the Apple II with the Super Serial Card:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=477
(03-30-2021, 01:36 AM)admin Wrote: Make sure you are setting the baud rate to 300 baud.  The WiModem232 comes set to 300 baud by default.  You can change the baud rate (and save the change) once you have established communications with the WiModem232.  You might want to look at the thread here about setting up the Apple II with the Super Serial Card:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=477

I think that did it; looks like everything is working now!  Thank you so much for the help!!
Great! You're welcome!