Drive not recognised - cable problem?
(08-31-2020, 02:35 AM)admin Wrote: Wow... I totally missed the fact that this is an Amiga floppy drive.  You can't use that drive.  It's not wired the same as a stock PC drive, which is required for SuperCard Pro.  You will need to use a different (PC compatible) drive.

Keep in mind that you *might* have to power the system with a powered USB hub.  The USB port used must be capable of handling 500mA (which is really stipulated by the disk drive itself - the SuperCard Pro itself uses less than 50mA and most of that is the LEDs).
It's  an Amiga floppy DISK, not an Amiga floppy DRIVE.

Heck, the drive manufacturer and model is clearly readable in one of my pictures, as well as being specified in literally the first line of my original question.

I've tried it connected directly to one of the PC's USB 3.0 ports and to a powered hub (also USB 3.0). No luck either way. Being USB 3.0, power supply should be more than sufficient; that particular hub is capable of powering multiple external 2.5" hard drives simultaneously.

I also have an external MOLEX pwoer supply somewhere (from an old USB-to-IDE drive adapter). I'll give that a try.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drive not recognised - cable problem? - by ronnycook - 08-31-2020, 05:08 PM