Drive not recognised - cable problem?
I've just hooked up my SCP + Sony MPF920 3.5" floppy drive to my Windows 10 system.
The SCP software recognises the controller but is not seeing any drives.
The cable being used is an old (but previously unused, pulled from its plastic bag) one-drive 3.5" cable; it has a single standard 3.5" notched drive connector at each end with a twist in part of the cable close to one end. It doesn't have any 5.25" connectors. It's passed the smoke test.
I assume the fact that the power light on the drive comes on means that the power connector is OK. The USB cable is plugged directly into one of the system USB ports, not a hub, so power should be sufficient.
At the moment the power light on the drive is permanently on, but as mentioned above the drive is not showing up. 
If I disconnect the USB cable then reconnect it, the LED next to the floppy/board power connector flashes red briefly then turns green. The light next to the USB interface turns green and stays green. After reconnecting in this way, the power light on the floppy turns off. (It's an Amiga floppy disk.)

Is the floppy drive cable the culprit here? Or is it that the Sony drive does not play well with others?

Let me know if you need a pic of the cable, but it's a fairly standard part.

Messages In This Thread
Drive not recognised - cable problem? - by ronnycook - 08-28-2020, 02:56 AM