Wimodem232 protocols for tcp
(09-17-2020, 10:04 PM)admin Wrote: That error message comes from AmigaDOS, stating that the device can't be opened.  Typically this occurs when using a device that is single threaded and is already open by some other application.  You probably want to use something other than serial.device anyways since that is slower than others like baudbandit.device.
Well ive made some progress..I got the green activity light going in Genesis at least.Silly me I wasnt giving the modem the command to initialize the modem.It's connecting to the modem now but it doesnt last long.Wonder if I have to give it my id and  password...one step at a time.Smile
You might have to enable telnet support. You could try entering AT*T1 before doing the connection to see if that makes a difference.
(09-18-2020, 11:50 PM)admin Wrote: You might have to enable telnet support.  You could try entering AT*T1 before doing the connection to see if that makes a difference.
Tried that..no cigar.Maybe better to wait for Translation modes in the future.Is TLS possible as a translation mode?
Sorry, I have no idea what TLS is. I do know that SLIP works with the WiModem232 because people have reported it working. Can you tell me the exact setup you are trying to use so I can take a look at this myself?
(09-19-2020, 02:08 PM)admin Wrote: Sorry, I have no idea what TLS is.  I do know that SLIP works with the WiModem232 because people have reported it working.  Can you tell me the exact setup you are trying to use so I can take a look at this myself?
I'm using it on a 1200 via Genesis using the RHSLIP package in modem mode.All the tcip settings were copied over to a new entry called Slip since that works with the 3c589 driver on pcmcia.The slip driver has a configuration script that followsConfusederial device 0 (unit) 5700 (baud) 10.0.0.90 7wire (for fast connections).Over on the Genesis side it has options for modem command strings.So far all I put in is ATE1Q0V1X4 to init the modem (that opened up the serial.device).I tried your suggestion for telnet but that went nowhere.I shouln't have to put in id or password I don't think.I can edit the modem in Genesis and theres an option for drop DSR and drop DTR.Your thoughts?
OK, can you explain all of this for someone who has no idea what Genesis is?  The only things I know for sure is that you are using an Amiga and trying to use SLIP.  Smile

An explanation of the software (where to do get it), etc. is needed so I can look into this issue. 

I am told that people are just using the SLIP driver with the WiModem232 to access the web through Miami.
(09-21-2020, 11:03 AM)admin Wrote: OK, can you explain all of this for someone who has no idea what Genesis is?  The only things I know for sure is that you are using an Amiga and trying to use SLIP.  Smile

An explanation of the software (where to do get it), etc. is needed so I can look into this issue. 

I am told that people are just using the SLIP driver with the WiModem232 to access the web through Miami.
Ahh Miami..used that once and my cigar went out..Let me see if I can get a hold of Miami and give it a try.