Cannot install SCP anymore, virus found
I confirm, same here. Here the reports with the current SCP software :

[Image: antivirus_issue_1.png]

[Image: antivirus_issue_2.png]

Btw I got the same issue with one of my software last week. I finally managed to "cure" it...
The Windows antivirus and some others are now very sensitive with non-signed executable/DLL.
From my analysis and tests any non-signed executable linked the Windows network API are now considered suspect.
As workaround my executable is not linked to the network DLL anymore and i use the LoadLibrary / GetProcAddress API to get the network functions pointers when needed. And i have also obfuscated the dll and functions names...
Another point : Avoid to use any executable packer - the packed executable will be for sure a suspect... spywares and virus use the same packers and have some common signatures Wink

This appears to have fixed the issue... For the moment.... But i have the feeling that it will be harder and harder to provide non-signed executable sooner.

Anyway take care with these false alerts : Your website can be blacklisted, unlisted on the search engines and even blocked on some browsers. I got this issue recently because of a false positive on a file present on my website... (This file was on a page since 15 years without causing any issue...)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot install SCP anymore, virus found - by Jeff - 06-27-2020, 06:38 AM