Code:
at*busy
ERROR
at*busyBUSY
ERROR
at*busyGO AWAY
ERROR

Firmware version is 3.03.
The WiModem232 should be returning that error - because you are not entering the syntax correctly. To view the value of any command, you need to end it with a question mark (?)

So, to see the value for AT*BUSY, type:

AT*BUSY?

To set a new value type:

AT*BUSY=[new value]

I see that setting the new value is actually not correct in the manual (missing the = character). I will change that.
Ah, that helped me, thank you. I was referring to the manual which obviously is wrong at that point.

But, when I tried to follow your instructions, I discovered an issue: After changing the busy string everything is ok, but after writing the settings to memory and then resetting the settings, the first character actually gets lost:

Code:
at*busy=BUSY
OK
at*busy?
BUSY
at&w
OK
atz
OK
at*busy?
USY

After seeing that, I put a dummy character in front:

Code:
at*busy=XBUSY
OK
at*busy?
XBUSY
at&w
OK
atz
OK
at*busy?
BUSY
Hmm... that means a byte in EEPROM is getting shifted over.  I use everything RAM based (entire EEPROM is loaded into RAM) because I don't trust EEPROMs.  I have seen them fail while in use.  That's a hold-over from designing life critical products.  I guess I never checked to see if the data was being stored into EEPROM correctly.

I will take a look at this.
OK, a new version that corrects this problem is now available. Use the auto-update feature to update your WiModem232:

AT*UPDATE
Works perfectly, thank you. Smile
No problem, thanks for pointing that out!