.adf to .scp to real disk
Sorry, the converted .adf from HxC .scp image.
I posted some screenshots of the errors. They just show as yellow or red when reading back after writing the HxC image.
I'll go test the disks in a usb floppy drive, i also have one.
Maybe all the drives I have been using are miss aligned. they seem to backup the Amiga disks i have pretty well, it's the newer boxed disks that I can't write to, just like you said.
Maybe the magnetic material isn't as thick coated as the older 5 1/4 disks or something.
Anyway, it's a good test. i'll try it out
The actual oxide material is different between 5.25" and 3.5" disks. You will notice that the color is more "silver" with the 3.5" disks compared to 5.25" disks.
(05-23-2020, 05:08 PM)admin Wrote: The actual oxide material is different between 5.25" and 3.5" disks.  You will notice that the color is more "silver" with the 3.5" disks compared to 5.25" disks.
Interesting!
I have over 1000 5.25" amiga disks I need to backup and the external drive for them so, I may not give up on this yet. My trusty loved 4k has ended it's life so I am down to emulation these days.

Ok, so, my old external Teac USB 1.44MB PC drive formats and reads/writes to the new disks without a problem.
I must be doing something else wrong.

I also made a blank Amiga 880k disk using HxC and dumped it to .scp and tried writing that followed by, trying to read it back as a .adf with the same results as before. Lots of Yellow errors.

Ok. I have also tried dumping a 720K IBM format image to .scp flux file using HxC and then trying to write that instead of Amiga 880k to see if I can write this format instead, however, the SCP software keeps thinking the .scp file is an Amiga format image. When I try to change the type to IBM 720k, I have to load the image again. The program then defaults back to Amiga format type again.

If I read the .scp flux files with HxC it states the PC one is FAT 720k

Track RPM : 299 RPM
Bitrate : VARIABLE
Track format : ISOIBM_MFM_ENCODING
Track len : 100032 cells
Number of side : 2
Interface mode:
GENERIC_SHUGART_DD_FLOPPYMODE
Shugart Interface

[*]So, the image is ok.

I did the same for the HxC blank generated AMIGA .scp image.

Track RPM : 301 RPM
Bitrate : VARIABLE
Track format :
AMIGA_MFM_ENCODING
Track len : 101376 cells
Number of side : 2
Interface mode:
GENERIC_SHUGART_DD_FLOPPYMODE
Shugart Interface
Take a real IBM formatted 720K disk and make an image of that using the SuperCard Pro software. Keep in mind that you can’t write 720K or Amiga disk images (or make copiers of either of these) using HD (1.44MB) disks. You must be using low density disks in order to write these formats.
Did you mean you have 1000 3.5” disks (not 5.25”)?
(05-26-2020, 07:59 AM)admin Wrote: Did you mean you have 1000 3.5” disks (not 5.25”)?
No. I actually have over 1000 AMIGA 5.25" disks. The physically floppy, square black disks that had paper sleeves.
I haven't tried these yet.
(05-25-2020, 10:40 PM)admin Wrote: Take a real IBM formatted 720K disk and make an image of that using the SuperCard Pro software.  Keep in mind that you can’t write 720K or Amiga disk images (or make copiers of either of these) using HD (1.44MB) disks.  You must be using low density disks in order to write these formats.
But I have used 1.44MB floppies for my real AMIGA for ages. 720k disks were too hard to find.
Granted, I had to format some of them a few times to get them to work sometimes, rarely though.
I'll attach a picture.

Do you mean the drive? do I need a 720 low-density drive?

Also, I tried ripping the flux image of a standard DOS 720 MB IBM disk to image to .scp and then tried to write it back and also got errors.
I also generated a standard IBM 720k .scp file using HxC and tried to write that back in SCP and it thought it was Atari at first, then, Amiga format, however, it is not.
(05-25-2020, 10:40 PM)admin Wrote: Take a real IBM formatted 720K disk and make an image of that using the SuperCard Pro software.  Keep in mind that you can’t write 720K or Amiga disk images (or make copiers of either of these) using HD (1.44MB) disks.  You must be using low density disks in order to write these formats.
I have attached another photo of the 720k IBM formatted disk I also have trouble with.
It reads fine. As do 1.44MB images.

I notice there is no error recovery on IBM disks yet, only flux mode. Is this a feature request thing I can ask for?

Side Note
Would you setup/consider a Program-Features bounty system?
I would be happy to make a donation/contribution to feature enhancements. Time or willingness permitting of course.
Ok.

I just took a real IBM formatted 1.44MB disk from an old Dialup-internet install disk that did read properly, I got all the files off it.

Without ejecting, I did a "media test" and right away, I got Media failure - Track: 0, Head: 1

The write-protect is off, I checked the disk.

*adding attachment picture

Something strange is going on or, it tests in 720k mode?
Amiga disk drives do not have a density detect built in, so they can use either low density or high density disks. A PC drive does have a density detect, so it knows the difference. Of course you can’t use an Amiga drive with SuperCard Pro as it requires a PC drive.

What did you have on 1,000 5.25” Amiga disks? Nothing was made commercially that was On 5.25” disk format, and they didn’t store much data.

I wonder if you have a bad cable or power supply? There is nothing magic or special required. There are literally thousands of SuperCard Pro boards out there. They just work.

Make an image of your 1.44MB disk and send it to data @ cbmstuff.com. Also make an image of the disk you attempt to do a media test with. I can look at the image and probably tell you what is going on.