Installation - Read Me First!
Before plugging in your SuperCard Pro, you must install the software for it. Download the latest full installer and run it in ADMINISTRATOR MODE. Failure to install the software in administrator mode will result in numerous errors.

There are two steps to the installer. The first step is the installation of the program files, and the second step is the installation of the USB drivers. Once the main files are installed, follow the instructions for the driver installation.

Once the installer has completed, plug in your SuperCard Pro to any USB port. Windows will recognize the board as SuperCard Pro and complete the Windows driver setup. You can then run the SCP.exe program.

WINDOWS 8.1/10 USERS

Some versions of Windows (typically on laptops) is missing some Visual Studio run time modules, in particular the file MSSTDFMT.dll.

If you receive the error message, "Run-time error '713':" then follow the instructions below to resolve the issue:

1. Copy msstdfmt.dll from the C:\Program Files(x86)\SCP folder to C:\Windows\syswow64\
2. Open a command prompt as an administrator
3. Paste in: regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msstdfmt.dll" - Including the quotes
4. Press Enter

Thanks to sncboom2k for the help in resolving this issue!
I had the same problem on Windows 7 32bit
I copied the DLL and registered it and now Super Card Pro works great!

Bill
This should help out how to run the "command prompt as an administrator" on Windows 8.1

Go in a top right corner with your mouse arrow and click start. Then in the bottom left corner click on the down arrow.

You my have to scroll over to the right and under "Windows System" right click on "Command Prompt" a list will pop up on the bottom of the screen and click on "Ran as administrator".

I wanted to post this because I am still a little new to Windows 8.1 and was about 1/2 a hour for me to find that out. I thought I was running it was administrator when I did a search for "cmd administrator" and clicked on that and it open but junk it was not running as administrator!

-Raymond Day
Thanks for the tip!
I had the same problem as Videofx.

I had to create a folder SysWOW64 in C:\Program Files, copy msstdfmt.dll to it and register the .dll in Window7 32 bit.

Now everything works O.K.

Just purchased the SuperCardPro, looking forward to testing it out.

Arnie.
I also ran in to this problem. Although in my case I am just running good old Windows XP. Copied it in to system32 and registered it there since SysWOW64 is only applicable to 64-bit versions of Windows.
By the way, same deal with Windows 10 32 bit:

First copy the msstdfmt.dll from the C:\Program Files\SCP folder to C:\Windows\system32\
Then run CMD.EXE (command prompt) as administrator
Paste in: regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll" - Including the quotes and press enter.

If you get an error saying that registration failed with error code "8002901c" then you forgot to run as administrator.
That's the way.

I'm running Kryoflux & SCP in an old laptop Dell C840 with Windows XP and both boards are working like a charm. Smile
I downloaded the card software and installed it.  I got the following message trying to install.  First a box appeared and told me the program must be "elevated"  Then I got the message "Runtime error 53  File not found  FTD 2XX.DLL.  Downloaded the program twice and got the messages both times.  Did I miss something on the install?

Before plugging in your SuperCard Pro, you must install the software for it.  Download the latest full installer and run it in ADMINISTRATOR MODE.  Failure to install the software in administrator mode will result in numerous errors.

There are two steps to the installer.  The first step is the installation of the program files, and the second step is the installation of the USB drivers.  Once the main files are installed, follow the instructions for the driver installation.

Once the installer has completed, plug in your SuperCard Pro to any USB port.  Windows will recognize the board as SuperCard Pro and complete the Windows driver setup.   You can then run the SCP.exe program.

WINDOWS 8.1/10 USERS

Some versions of Windows (typically on laptops) is missing some Visual Studio run time modules, in particular the file MSSTDFMT.dll.

If you receive the error message, "Run-time error '713':" then follow the instructions below to resolve the issue:

1. Copy msstdfmt.dll from the C:\Program Files(x86)\SCP folder to C:\Windows\syswow64\
2. Open a command prompt as an administrator
3. Paste in:  regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msstdfmt.dll"  - Including the quotes
4. Press Enter

Thanks to sncboom2k for the help in resolving this issue!
Not sure I sent the comment correctly the first time so I will repeat it here.

I downloaded the card software and installed it. I got the following message trying to install. First a box appeared and told me the program must be "elevated" Then I got the message "Run time error 53 File not found FTD 2XX.DLL. Downloaded the program twice and got the messages both times. Did I miss something on the install?