Installation - Read Me First!
You MUST install the software in Administrator mode. That error is caused by the driver not being installed, or by not having the SuperCard Pro board plugged in before running the software the first time.

If you don't have the hardware you can still use the software to view some of the features. However, you would need to download the FTDI driver software from the FTDI website, using the self-installer (labeled "setup executable").

https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
(11-01-2013, 03:17 PM)admin Wrote: Before plugging in your SuperCard Pro, you must install the software for it.  Download the latest full installer and run it in ADMINISTRATOR MODE.  Failure to install the software in administrator mode will result in numerous errors.

There are two steps to the installer.  The first step is the installation of the program files, and the second step is the installation of the USB drivers.  Once the main files are installed, follow the instructions for the driver installation.

Once the installer has completed, plug in your SuperCard Pro to any USB port.  Windows will recognize the board as SuperCard Pro and complete the Windows driver setup.   You can then run the SCP.exe program.

WINDOWS 8.1/10 USERS

Some versions of Windows (typically on laptops) is missing some Visual Studio run time modules, in particular the file MSSTDFMT.dll.

If you receive the error message, "Run-time error '713':" then follow the instructions below to resolve the issue:

1. Copy msstdfmt.dll from the C:\Program Files(x86)\SCP folder to C:\Windows\syswow64\
2. Open a command prompt as an administrator
3. Paste in:  regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msstdfmt.dll"  - Including the quotes
4. Press Enter

Thanks to sncboom2k for the help in resolving this issue!
I purchased a new computer and immiediatly tried to install the software for the Supercard.  I am the only person listed on the computer so I assumed every time I run the computer I am the adminstator.  I down loaded the softare and installed the program and got the message Run-time error 713.  I then followed the steps listed above ( Windows 8.1/10 Users).  When I attempted to paste in step 3, I got the message that I must be an adminstator to make changes to the windows system.  I followed the proceuure listed above on my old computer and did not get this message.  The card was not plugged into the computer so I'm not sure what my next step is.
If you are getting the message about not being in Administrator mode then you are definitely not in Administrator mode! What you can do is right-click on the installer program and choose the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option.
(10-26-2019, 06:11 PM)morduk2 Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 03:17 PM)admin Wrote: Before plugging in your SuperCard Pro, you must install the software for it.  Download the latest full installer and run it in ADMINISTRATOR MODE.  Failure to install the software in administrator mode will result in numerous errors.

There are two steps to the installer.  The first step is the installation of the program files, and the second step is the installation of the USB drivers.  Once the main files are installed, follow the instructions for the driver installation.

Once the installer has completed, plug in your SuperCard Pro to any USB port.  Windows will recognize the board as SuperCard Pro and complete the Windows driver setup.   You can then run the SCP.exe program.

WINDOWS 8.1/10 USERS

Some versions of Windows (typically on laptops) is missing some Visual Studio run time modules, in particular the file MSSTDFMT.dll.

If you receive the error message, "Run-time error '713':" then follow the instructions below to resolve the issue:

1. Copy msstdfmt.dll from the C:\Program Files(x86)\SCP folder to C:\Windows\syswow64\
2. Open a command prompt as an administrator
3. Paste in:  regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msstdfmt.dll"  - Including the quotes
4. Press Enter

Thanks to sncboom2k for the help in resolving this issue!
I purchased a new computer and immiediatly tried to install the software for the Supercard.  I am the only person listed on the computer so I assumed every time I run the computer I am the adminstator.  I down loaded the softare and installed the program and got the message Run-time error 713.  I then followed the steps listed above ( Windows 8.1/10 Users).  When I attempted to paste in step 3, I got the message that I must be an adminstator to make changes to the windows system.  I followed the proceuure listed above on my old computer and did not get this message.  The card was not plugged into the computer so I'm not sure what my next step is.
Jim, I did the procedure again, and still got the run-time error 713.  Copied the files to the SYS folder and again got the message I needed adminstation permission to make changes in the system.  I clicked continue and it copied the file to the SySWOW 64 folder.  I ran the program as an adminstrator and still the problem remains.  I put my old hard drive in the new computer as a "storage drive".  As a precation I removed all the SCP files on that drive.  Is it possible that could be causing the problem?
As long as you follow the instructions above then it will work. There are several thousand people using the software just fine. Make sure you run the command console (CMD) in Administrator mode.
(10-28-2019, 11:45 AM)admin Wrote: As long as you follow the instructions above then it will work.  There are several thousand people using the software just fine.  Make sure you run the command console (CMD) in Administrator mode.

I found out what I didn't do correctly.  I enter the CMD as a user and not as an adminstrator.  It appears to be working.  Thanks for answering my questions Jim.  Sometimes ittakes awhile to get through.
Ha! No problem, I am always here to help!
I have several problems with windows xp (fresh new install, sp3).The last version 2.20 won’t install, it says it’s not a valid win32 application. Before plugging the board I installed version 1.95 (in admin account, running as admin). After reboot I plugged in the board and it has a problem installing drivers (error code 39). I started scp and I had an error with msstdfmt.dll being not registered. I registered it and after reboot scp loads but the board is not recognized. 
In device manager there is a yellow warning besides the usb serial converter and it says that windows cannot load driver because driver may be corrupted or missing (error 39).
What should I do next to fix this ?